October 05, 2024, 03:42:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Exploitation/Grindhouse

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, September 22, 2009, 03:22:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

For the film class I'm in, I've decided to base my term paper around the history and culture of exploitation/grindhouse cinema.
Originally, I just wanted to focus on some of the old vehicular based pieces like "Vanishing Point" and "Dirty Mary Crazy Larry", but I decided to branch out into some of the other sub-genres like some of the revenge flicks and the "blackspoitation" theater.

It's been a gory, lewd affair so far, which is a little out of my element, but I've got about a dozen films under my belt. Just the basics.

"I spit on your grave" is still one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCys3sd8Bw&feature=PlayList&p=D5317042BBC3D466&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=44[/youtube]

So, is anyone around here a little wise to some recommendations?
I have a list all drawn up, but if anyone has a pointer or two, I'll consider adding.

And I'm not watching Cannibal Holocaust.

Good day and good night and good afternoon and good tomorrow.
Cheers.

Samus Aran

"Caligula" immediately comes to mind as a "sexploitation" film. I was going to mention "I Spit on Your Grave" as well. There's also "Pink Flamingos," and "Cannibal Holocaust" as rather popular ones.

I'm not really a big fan of exploitation films unless they exploit with some cinematic success (not the box office, mind you), though I guess there are some good, mainstream movies that could also fall under exploitation...like "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" exploiting the Spaghetti Western cliches.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I'm avoiding strictly mainstream titles and keeping away from spaghetti's altogether.
I'm digging the "revenge" idea.
"They call her one eye" was great.

The artist formally known

Ilsa She Wolf of the SS (1974) is pretty good

snorkel

[img]http://www.pingno.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/black-devil-doll.png[/img]

I never saw this but I should

also the Machete direct-to-DVD movie might be out by now

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Awesome.
And they're really made machete?

snorkel

Quote from: Son Of Stallion Vol.13 on September 24, 2009, 08:00:07 AM
Awesome.
And they're really made machete?

yeah they're announce a straight to DVD release but I don't know if it's been made yet

Go Up