October 01, 2024, 12:28:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

Started by Feynman, September 22, 2009, 02:14:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

wawi

Quote from: Travis on September 22, 2009, 05:00:27 PM
i guess i'm gonna have to start reading lord of the flies soon because we got it today in english

I read the Catcher in the Rye before that in English class. It just wasn't even comparable:[

YPrrrr

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on September 22, 2009, 05:09:14 PM
I read the Catcher in the Rye before that in English class. It just wasn't even comparable:[
I'd think they would be because they're both about youths on their own without adult supervision

wawi

Quote from: YPR on September 22, 2009, 05:12:00 PM
I'd think they would be because they're both about youths on their own without adult supervision

I meant I liked the Cather in the Rye so much more O_0

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on September 22, 2009, 05:07:57 PM
I loved that book, it flew by for me in a matter of a few hours. It's pretty entertaining compared with some of the stuff you have to read for English

as did I

then again, I've loved almost "classic" book I've read

Samus Aran

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on September 22, 2009, 05:13:46 PM
I meant I liked the Cather in the Rye so much more O_0

read Franny and Zooey now for a different and equally great taste of Salinger's work

wawi

Quote from: Kaz on September 22, 2009, 05:16:53 PM
read Franny and Zooey now for a different and equally great taste of Salinger's work

Okay, thanks

ME##

We're reading Grendel at the moment, but all the morons keep complaining about it being 'hard'.   huhdoodame;  I don't see how they are finding it to be difficult, though, I must say it's completely uninteresting.  Good thing my teacher is considering throwing it out because of the morons who seem to be incapable of reading at grade level.  n_u

It makes me wonder if I should have signed up for AP Lit instead, but I decided against it.  Though, it was quite annoying being asked nearly everyday why I decided against taking it for the first two weeks of school.  akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: WILD4WII1 on September 22, 2009, 05:18:10 PM
Okay, thanks

and if you get the chance, his short stories collection Nine Stories bassir;

i love Salinger

YPrrrr

Quote from: Дави́д on September 22, 2009, 05:19:26 PM
We're reading Grendel at the moment, but all the morons keep complaining about it being 'hard'.   huhdoodame;  I don't see how they are finding it to be difficult, though, I must say it's completely uninteresting.  Good thing my teacher is considering throwing it out because of the morons who seem to be incapable of reading at grade level.  n_u

It makes me wonder if I should have signed up for AP Lit instead, but I decided against it.  Though, it was quite annoying being asked nearly everyday why I decided against taking it for the first two weeks of school.  akudood;
Why did you decide against it?

Title

I JUST FINISHED READING "LIFE OF PI" FOR ENGLISH

SHIT WAS AWFUL

Andria

Quote from: Title on September 22, 2009, 05:24:08 PM

SHIT WAS AWFUL

I hated that book I was hoping that he would get eaten the entire time I read it

Travis

Quote from: Title on September 22, 2009, 05:24:08 PM

SHIT WAS AWFUL
god damn i "read" that for summer reading

shit was awful

Title

Quote from: Echo on September 22, 2009, 05:25:21 PM
I hated that book I was hoping that he would get eaten the entire time I read it
i hope his mom really did get decapitated because  that would  somewhat help redeem the 200 pages of him fishing that could have been compressed into about 5 pages.

ME##

Quote from: YPR on September 22, 2009, 05:22:20 PM
Why did you decide against it?

Writing essays in the span of a single class period aren't my thing. From my understanding, the teacher is quite fond of them.  n_u

YPrrrr

Quote from: Дави́д on September 22, 2009, 05:27:32 PM
Writing essays in the span of a single class period aren't my thing. From my understanding, the teacher is quite fond of them.  n_u
Then you're going to love college girl;

Go Up