October 05, 2024, 03:49:00 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I am trying to write a book

Started by C.Mongler, September 20, 2009, 07:18:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

It is hard, there is a lot to think about. I'm currently trying to think of some crazy plot twist or something but I've got nothing.

Commander Fuckass

Write it about a girl that ends up having a ding ding LOL!!1!
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hiro

make it so at the main guy finds out he's in a coma and was making the whole thing up

strongbad

Mando Pandango

I am also writing a short story. It's based on a dream I had but I assure you it's not stupid. The few people I've told about it were like wtf that's awesome.

AND IT WILL BE.

But enough about me, ask M. Night Shyamalan about the plot twist.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

Quote from: Hïro on September 20, 2009, 07:30:25 PM
make it so at the main guy finds out he's in a coma and was making the whole thing up

i feel like thats been done many times

Hiro

How about he discovers he's in a coma about a third of the way through and then the rest is his journey through his mind to try to escape the coma. And when he gets out he's twenty years older

YPrrrr

It turns out the pills he was on were merely placebos

Andria

I would suggest not going for a super crazy plot twist. Especially if the rest of the book isn't like that it would be weird stylistically. A plot twist would be great if you use it right but it should be at least somewhat believable in the universe you are crafting in the novel. Also from the above post I think you have a good idea about not doing the cliche like dream, coma, etc

??????

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 20, 2009, 07:48:13 PM
I am also writing a short story. It's based on a dream I had but I assure you it's not stupid. The few people I've told about it were like wtf that's awesome.

AND IT WILL BE.

But enough about me, ask M. Night Shyamalan about the plot twist.
HOLY SHIT I AM DOING THE SAME.

rdl

oh my i am writing a book too.

actually not yet. im debating whether or not i want to do a short story or an epic. short story would be much easier but then it's gotta be...short, and it has to revolve around a moral or a singular message. i want to write an epic, but i dont want to have to rewrite every page 20 times.

Dullahan

Samus Aran

How many times have I started a book now? Too many to count, I think. I have a couple of current projects going, all moving quite slowly due to me usually focusing on short fiction and poetry instead.

I've decided that I can't do anything other than write. So that's all I'm going to try to really try to hone my skills in from now on. I'll make it as a writer or be a poor sap.

the shortest route to the sea

Short stories and novels are too much energy for me. There are too many threads flying about of meanings and possible meanings that it just can't be the massive web of crystal that I want it to be. Fragile and beautiful and connected and reflecting. So I write poems and try to achieve that. I am rarely successful.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 21, 2009, 08:19:40 PM
I am rarely successful.

I hope you're letting people see your work before you dismiss it as unsuccessful?

Go Up