October 01, 2024, 08:46:04 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Money can't buy happiness...

Started by l a c e y , September 18, 2009, 09:35:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

l a c e y

Fuck that, yes it can.

Seriously think about it. So many peoples problems are all because of money. Divorces, depression etc.. Really I guarantee that if you took a bunch of people and like gave them money their moods would impress so much. Really I mean if I had a good amount of money even enough just so that I could live comfortably and have school paid for I would be like mad happy. I'm not talking about like just buying things to make you happy. Money to let you live the way you want to or the way that can give you little stress could make a huge difference. Like homeless people for example. If someone handed them enough money to help themselves get up and make a change in their lives they would be happy. Money can buy happiness. 

sans culottes

Some people don't need money to buy happiness. But when you're a landwhale like Lacey, it's the only way.
I support BUSH

l a c e y

Those people probably already live comfortably or they are nuts.

Feynman

I agree, but I think you're missing the point of the saying.

Money is indeed both the root and the solution to all problems yes, however, true happiness comes from intangible things such as love and friendship. That's the point of the saying.

Everybody knows money can make you happy, it's just that other things can make people even more happier.

l a c e y

Pfft who needs love and friendship when you can have money and do what you want.

Andria

Quote from: l a c e y on September 18, 2009, 09:40:38 PM
Pfft who needs love and friendship when you can have money and do what you want.

People who aren't greedy  baddood;

As cliche as it sounds I would take knowledge over money anyday

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Echo on September 18, 2009, 09:41:44 PM
As cliche as it sounds I would take knowledge over money anyday

most definitely.
however, somehow i think those go hand-in-hand...
unless you're talking about the lottery or people like paris hilton.
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Himu

Sure money can make you happy, but can it keep you happy?  "Friends" who just like you for your money.  And then there are others who will scorn your princess lifestyle.  Sure you can have almost everything you want, but like you'll be lonely, and bored.  Just look at some of the celebrities, they got loads of cash yet they still have an empty void.

l a c e y

You guys are making it sound like I'm talking about having like millions. I'm just saying in general money runs everything. If you don't have it like you're not as happy. It's apparent.

rdl

September 18, 2009, 10:53:37 PM #9 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:02:50 PM by RDX
the reason why i havent bought anything in like 3 years is simply because i've realized that money cant buy me happiness. theres nothing i can buy that'll make me happy. it might make me excited for a day or two if its like new clothes or shoes or something, but other than that i find myself happier making do with what i already have.

also im still in high school so i dont need to buy food and other necessities

YPrrrr

Maybe to a point, but material things are fleeting and don't leave you with much lasting satisfaction

??????

Quote from: RDX on September 18, 2009, 10:53:37 PM
the reason why i havent bought anything in like 3 years is simply because i've realized that money cant buy me happiness. theres nothing i can buy that'll make me happy. it might make me excited for a day or two if its like new clothes or shoes or something, but other than that i find myself happier making do with what i already have.

also im still in high school so i dont need to buy food and other necessities
I don't even get happiness if I get something new.

Happiness for me is when I'm able to share it with others and receive it from others as well. (Unfortunately, the latter rarely happens because I tend to ignore it or redirect it to someone else.)

Nyerp

Oh

I think you mean entertained. Money can keep you entertained but  not make you happy.

Daddy

Quote from: Freud and His Friend:Jung on September 19, 2009, 06:55:50 AM
I don't even get happiness if I get something new.

Happiness for me is when I'm able to share it with others and receive it from others as well. (Unfortunately, the latter rarely happens because I tend to ignore it or redirect it to someone else.)
you forgot making everything about you and then getting upset and invoking guilt because you upset a person n__________n

Go Up