October 02, 2024, 09:27:38 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

A girl was gangraped on campus today

Started by Mando Pandango, September 15, 2009, 06:48:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Nyerp

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: JMV on September 17, 2009, 12:16:20 PM
Where is tyler i want his input on how all men are pigs and should be put the death if the victim is a woman or child yet you have this situation where the woman lied and could have sent 5 men to jail for the rest of their lives.

tyler's form of justice would have killed innocent 5 men because his misandry baddood;

You can be pretty harsh sometimes, man.

Could she technically be put on charges for libel / slander? Even I can't take her side on this one.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Daddy

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 17, 2009, 01:06:54 PM
You can be pretty harsh sometimes, man.

Could she technically be put on charges for libel / slander? Even I can't take her side on this one.
he advocated killing someone just because the "victim" is a woman  akudood;

She's being charged with filing a false police report, but I really think reporting a false rape itself should be a felony.

Quote from: JMV on September 17, 2009, 01:09:36 PM
he advocated killing someone just because the "victim" is a woman  akudood;

She's being charged with filing a false police report, but I really think reporting a false rape itself should be a felony.

It feels like, in your logical universe, one claim or statement damns someone, and after that repeatedly it's your job to bring it up. It's like you dredge these things out of the ether. I understand it fits with what you think is right or wrong, but it's still harsh.  :(

It's always better to report than not to report, so that would be an unhelpful law.

rdl

Stupid bitch. How do you get an orgy mixed up with rape?

Daddy

September 18, 2009, 04:41:03 AM #66 Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 04:52:32 AM by JMV
Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 17, 2009, 01:14:04 PM
It feels like, in your logical universe, one claim or statement damns someone, and after that repeatedly it's your job to bring it up. It's like you dredge these things out of the ether. I understand it fits with what you think is right or wrong, but it's still harsh.  :(

It's always better to report than not to report, so that would be an unhelpful law.
It's multiple claims or statement that it's men are pigs who are selfish yet women don't do anything wrong and then stating that they should be killed that he's made. wariodood;

How would it be unhelpful, legit rapes aren't false reports. Having consensual sex or not even having sex at all and then reporting a rape is.  akudood;

explain how you would protect people from this. akudood;

editttt: time for scenario.   tyler gets his wish of crimes where women and children are victims becoming capital offenses (because men don't matter and women aren't capable of crimes just as heinous or worse. but it's okay that laws can be discriminatory. he hates mexicans too, so they can get double capital punishment.).

he serves on the jury and helps to  convict 5 men of raping the woman and due to his misandry all 5 are executed.  it is then that the student admits she lied and it was consensual.  how would he confront the families of each of the 5 guys who lost their brother/son/cousin/grandson/whatever because tyler couldn't put aside his hatred of men.

my points are:

1. He made a comment supporting a highly discriminatory law based on his own bigotry
2. He still hasn't admitted that maybe women aren't the victims all of the time and it's very clear that the men are. I'm sure he'll accuse 5 men of being pigs for having sex with one woman, yet not say anything about the woman having sex with 5 men. It's because men having sexuality = dirty piggy but women can.
3. This is exactly why capital punishment is a horrible idea.

He shouldn't be so bigoted. akudood;

FAMY2

I think she should be punished too. It isn't just one life she tried to ruin. Jail time seems appropriate to me.    baddood;

spaceman

Reminds me of this one case from last summer, some girl said she was raped a blocks away in a parking lot after work. Gave the police a composite sketch and everything, then like two weeks later admitted she made it up. I'm not sure how much trouble she was in, but she got in some trouble no doubt.  baddood;

sans culottes

Well, of coures she was a total fraud in this case! She went to Bernie Madoff's college!
I support BUSH

Mando Pandango

Quote from: coz on September 18, 2009, 06:11:01 AM
Well, of coures she was a total fraud in this case! She went to Bernie Madoff's college!
madood;
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

just1more

I hope you realize Hofstra is the dirtiest school in the nation. Poor choice.

My cousin used to go there as a cheerleader. But she broke her foot last year and wound up transferring.

Mando Pandango

Aww, thanks you guys.

But seriously you can go fuck yourselves.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Quote from: JMV on September 18, 2009, 04:41:03 AM
It's multiple claims or statement that it's men are pigs who are selfish yet women don't do anything wrong and then stating that they should be killed that he's made. wariodood;

And you take him literally?

QuoteHow would it be unhelpful, legit rapes aren't false reports. Having consensual sex or not even having sex at all and then reporting a rape is.  akudood;

explain how you would protect people from this. akudood;

It so incredibly difficult to get accurate rape statistics because of the shame and hate that the ghosts of a patriarchical culture have placed on rape victims. There exists so much shame, so much fear (both founded and unfounded), and thus many cases go unreported. I can get you the few reports that have come out on this subject if you'd like.

I'm not saying the woman is always right, and there is a very significant, and in my mind disturbing tendency of the courts to automatically side with the woman. But the unreported cases outweigh these. The media jumps on the false-rape claims because it's a good story, of good and evil and justification and moral ambiguity; no one gives a shit about all the women who are too scared to say anything. Having a serious consequence for rape cases ruled a problem

Women are more the victims of rape culture than men are. That isn't to say that the  "no means prison" problem for men is nothing.

Quoteeditttt: time for scenario.   tyler gets his wish of crimes where women and children are victims becoming capital offenses (because men don't matter and women aren't capable of crimes just as heinous or worse. but it's okay that laws can be discriminatory. he hates mexicans too, so they can get double capital punishment.).

he serves on the jury and helps to  convict 5 men of raping the woman and due to his misandry all 5 are executed.  it is then that the student admits she lied and it was consensual.  how would he confront the families of each of the 5 guys who lost their brother/son/cousin/grandson/whatever because tyler couldn't put aside his hatred of men.

a) I could say this two ways. One: two wrongs don't make a right. Two: his opinion is absolutely, positively, no excuse for these hypergeneralized and directly agressive attacks. Chill.
b) Since in both cases the judge is assumed to be the same, and the prosecutors the same, and since the jurors don't have influence on legal preceedings, just on decisions in the end after evidence and testimony, and that cases involving the death penalty are handled at least as carefully as cases not involving the death penalty, if not far more so, she would come clean during trial. So this wouldn't happen. Even if she didn't come clean and the men were going to be convicted, you're assuming she cares more about her reputation than those of the five men, which was not on the line in the original case.
c) And then even if she came clean after then, each of the jurors followed legal process: they took the evidence had and presented to them. I don't agree with the death penalty ever, but if it was in place and legal for these crimes, then the Jurors acted according to legal process, and thus will have only their own consciences to deal with.

Quotemy points are:

1. He made a comment supporting a highly discriminatory law based on his own bigotry
2. He still hasn't admitted that maybe women aren't the victims all of the time and it's very clear that the men are. I'm sure he'll accuse 5 men of being pigs for having sex with one woman, yet not say anything about the woman having sex with 5 men. It's because men having sexuality = dirty piggy but women can.
3. This is exactly why capital punishment is a horrible idea.

1. I don't agree with that law. But putting whatever reasons he gave under the umbrella of bigotry is a disservice to your sense of truth, and moreover his sense of self.
2. The men are the victims here. It's representative of a trend. But you're putting motivations in his mouth. Rationalize it all you want, but that's not a cool thing to do. If you're taking the privilege of detailed discussion, then it would be best to have some respect for viewpoints, no matter how much you are opposed to it, and to not throw awful words in their mouth.
3. Agreed well enough.

QuoteHe shouldn't be so bigoted. akudood;

Neither should anyone. Neither should you.

Classic

Go Up