July 08, 2024, 12:27:08 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Enhanced versions/remakes of games.

Started by spaceman, September 11, 2009, 09:53:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

spaceman

I started playing Pokemon Platinum the other day, and I'm really liking it. It got me thinking about enhanced/remakes/etc versions of games that have already been released. I didn't really expect to like it that much, after how much I hated Emerald. All the small changes from Diamond are nice additions, and makes the game seem new while still keeping 95% of the things the same.

But anyways, back to the big picture. What games did you like that had better (or worse) enhanced, remakes, later ports, etc. of the original? Mass Effect did this well on PC (was so much better than the 360 version), Pokemon is pretty good at it, with 3/4 being good. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, I liked better than the originals. Especially MGS3, the camera was godawful in the first.

Then there's games like Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War on PC which were far better on the original platform.

Anyways, discuss.  doodthing;

C.Mongler

Quote from: fluxus on September 11, 2009, 09:53:58 PM
Then there's games like Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War on PC which were far better on the original platform.

Um, what?

spaceman

Quote from: C Mongler on September 11, 2009, 09:58:58 PM
Um, what?

Resident Evil 4 was terrible on PC. No mouse support, and the keyboard controls were cumbersome.

And Gears of War came with a new map, but the controls were clunky and overall not as good as the 360 version. One of the rare occurrences where the PC versions controls aren't as good as the consoles.

Claquesous

Metroid Zero Mission. Yeah yeah, Metroid was a classic, but I find almost all NES games to be too outdated to be enjoyable (although I finally plowed through the original just to say I've beaten every Metroid game). Mother, for instance, has a clunky menu system. I'm just spoiled though. I really need to play Mother.

C.Mongler

Quote from: fluxus on September 11, 2009, 10:06:01 PM
Resident Evil 4 was terrible on PC. No mouse support, and the keyboard controls were cumbersome.

And Gears of War came with a new map, but the controls were clunky and overall not as good as the 360 version. One of the rare occurrences where the PC versions controls aren't as good as the consoles.

Fuck I read that wrong. I thought you said that were better than their original paltform. My bad :D

spaceman

Quote from: C Mongler on September 12, 2009, 12:56:00 AM
Fuck I read that wrong. I thought you said that were better than their original paltform. My bad :D

:D

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on September 12, 2009, 12:56:00 AM

I did the same thing :(

Oh

Pokemon Shiny Gold is a pretty damn good Pokemon rom hack.

strongbad

Quote from: Rawl on September 12, 2009, 07:12:20 PM
Pokemon Shiny Gold is a pretty damn good Pokemon rom hack.

It wouldn't work for me ;-;
Help a bro out

Oh

Quote from: GUOB on September 12, 2009, 11:20:04 PM
It wouldn't work for me ;-;
Help a bro out
Alright this is what you do:
1. Download this IPS patcher: http://www.zophar.net/utilities/patchutil/lunar-ips.html
2. Download the Pokemon IPS file here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537 You need an account, if you want the harder version of the rom hack get Shiny Gold X Beta 5, it's a lot harder than  the normal version.
3. Get a rom of Pokemon FireRed
4. Open up lunar IPS and click on "apply patch" then find the shiny gold ips file and double click, then find the rom of FireRed and click on it. And thats it.

You can't save the normal way so save state.

Commander Fuckass

Ive only played the Resident Evil remake for gamecube and it was awesome :D
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

ME##

September 13, 2009, 10:31:14 AM #12 Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:44:29 AM by Дави́д
Quote from: Thyme on September 13, 2009, 10:19:33 AM
The Twin Snakes. badass

Yes.

Also, Metroid: Zero MissionRUB IT

Thyme

...I'd point it out but you'd just edit both it and my post. yes;

ME##

Go Up