October 05, 2024, 03:44:28 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Started by The artist formally known, September 10, 2009, 10:53:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2igjYFojUo[/youtube]

Jesus Christ this looks really really really good. I like how Wes imports his style into a very very very different style. I could still see that it was his movie even if it's nothing like before (the camera angles line up with the walls and floors like they always do in his movies.)

Hiro

I'm sure it'll be fine and all but I have no desire to see it. It looks more like a wes anderson movie than a good kid's movie, but who knows

Quote from: Hïro on September 10, 2009, 10:55:50 PM
I'm sure it'll be fine and all but I have no desire to see it. It looks more like a wes anderson movie than a good kid's movie, but who knows
I don't think it's trying to be a kid's movie, but then again I'm watching it from my non-kid eyes. It's beautiful.

Hiro

But It's a rohl dahl book and It's supposed to be a kids movie. I guess some kids might love it, and for all i know it could end up amazing but to me personally the style is getting tired and all the big names is kinda lame

Quote from: Hïro on September 10, 2009, 11:03:33 PM
But It's a rohl dahl book and It's supposed to be a kids movie. I guess some kids might love it, and for all i know it could end up amazing but to me personally the style is getting tired and all the big names is kinda lame
Woah, woah, woah, woah. Roald Dahl doesn't mean kids book. He has many books and half of them are adult books and most of the kids books have suggestive content. Read The Witches and you'll be fucking surprised.

Either way where the fuck is my BFG movie (a new one that is.)

Hiro

I never said it meant that, i just stated that it was both a roald dahl book as well as a kid's movie. But yeah i know what you mean about the mature stuff, i just meant it seems like the movie might not connect to some kids

Quote from: Hïro on September 10, 2009, 11:19:51 PM
I never said it meant that, i just stated that it was both a roald dahl book as well as a kid's movie. But yeah i know what you mean about the mature stuff, i just meant it seems like the movie might not connect to some kids
Indeed, it's weird because when I saw the trailer this weekend I didn't even think about it being a kids movie.

Hiro

Go Up