October 05, 2024, 03:48:52 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I've been kind of getting into metal lately

Started by Mando Pandango, September 09, 2009, 10:03:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

September 09, 2009, 10:03:16 PM Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 10:52:20 PM by reefer
Most recently, I've been listening to Rage Against the Machine and I'm starting to get into Tool. I also like Mastodon, Primus, and Queens of the Stone Age. If I can get my hands on some Kyuss I'll probably give that a shot too.

Suggest to me some more metal that is along these lines.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

I don't really think of Queens of the Stone Age as metal, although they are kind of heavy. I just listened to one of their albums today. It was kinda good, but not my favorite.

Mando Pandango

September 09, 2009, 10:15:25 PM #2 Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:18:56 PM by Man of Popsicle
Quote from: Hïro on September 09, 2009, 10:05:50 PM
I don't really think of Queens of the Stone Age as metal, although they are kind of heavy. I just listened to one of their albums today. It was kinda good, but not my favorite.
A good number of their songs would definitely qualify as metal. Also Songs For The Deaf is an amazing album imo.

REGARDLESS, everything else up there is metal, and I'm still looking for more.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

I don't think any metal collection is complete without some decent thrash, obviously Megadeth and Metallica being the bands to go with there. I'm not really much of a metal person outside of thrash.

Hiro

Lol Songs for the Deaf is the one i got. It had some really lame songs but also some really good ones

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Kaz on September 09, 2009, 10:19:12 PM
I don't think any metal collection is complete without some decent thrash, obviously Megadeth and Metallica being the bands to go with there. I'm not really much of a metal person outside of thrash.
I'm not much for thrash to be honest. I like it but not enough to put any in my library.

Hiro

I agree with mop on this one, for the most part

the shortest route to the sea

Metal and rap are probably my two shakiest genres, and I only know a few groups in there. I love SOAD, but that's not really like what's listed. I think Devin Townsend and his various incarnations are good for any purpose.  Ziltoid, by him, also covers a lot of musical ground, so you could use that to figure out what you like and what you don't.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Geno

Random metal bands incoming

Anthrax
Black Label Society
Black Sabbath
Children of Bodom
Devildriver
Dream Theater
Guns N' Roses
Hellyeah
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Lacuna Coil
Lamb of God
Megadeth
Metallica
Motorhead
Opeth
Ozzy Osbourne
Pantera
Queen
Slayer
Rammstein
Rob Zombie
Soulfly
System of a Down (I guess Nu-metal counts)
Thin Lizzy
Van Halen

Yeah mostly mainstream shit but if you're just getting into metal you should check them out. Bolded ones are my personal favorites ;)
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Placebo Headwound

Dullahan

Pantera's Cowboys From Hell is pretty good to listen to the whole way through. Songs like Cemetary Gates and The Sleep are wicked songs.

Anthrax is also pretty badass. However, I enjoy their older work moreso.

Geno

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sponge on September 10, 2009, 06:44:16 PM

Anthrax is also pretty badass. However, I enjoy their older work moreso.

he said he doesn't like thrash akudood;

Go Up