October 08, 2024, 08:28:16 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

more like girlend lol

Started by Veal, September 09, 2009, 09:09:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Veal on September 10, 2009, 06:52:29 AM
You're all real sons of bitches, you know that?
We're not the ones using religious beliefs as a scapegoat to end a relationship and absolve ourselves of personal responsibility.

Do you honestly think it would have worked out if she bases the relationship on what "God" tells her? It's probably better for you that she did that now than later.

Veal

Holy crap this is what I get for mentioning religion at all in a forum full of over-opinionated jackasses who can't get past religion to talk about the actual discussion.

Daddy

Quote from: Veal on September 10, 2009, 07:07:37 AM
Holy crap this is what I get for mentioning religion at all in a forum full of over-opinionated jackasses who can't get past religion to talk about the actual discussion.
Uh the actual subject is that she broke up with you because "someone told her to", is it not?

Veal

No, that's not WHY she did it. She did it because we told each other we loved each other, then she realized she wasn't ready for that, which I was okay with, but then she said she saw our lives going in different directions, like her going to Kansas or Oregon. I said we could make that work still if we loved each other, but she didn't love me. So she didn't want to just drag it on knowing she felt this way, scared of the future, etc. It was probably for the best since she was so unstable since she doesn't know what her future holds and she's always put all her friends, family, etc. ahead of me, and she doesn't get emotionally attached to people while I get incredibly attached. To anyone. If one of my coworkers tells me they're feeling down I get sad too. The point is, at the moment, with the way she is, it wouldn't have worked out. As far as God, prayer was a part of it yes, so when she prayed she felt affirmed in this decision, but it wasn't the deciding factor.

Daddy

Quote from: Veal on September 10, 2009, 07:20:11 AM
No, that's not WHY she did it. She did it because we told each other we loved each other, then she realized she wasn't ready for that, which I was okay with, but then she said she saw our lives going in different directions, like her going to Kansas or Oregon. I said we could make that work still if we loved each other, but she didn't love me. So she didn't want to just drag it on knowing she felt this way, scared of the future, etc. It was probably for the best since she was so unstable since she doesn't know what her future holds and she's always put all her friends, family, etc. ahead of me, and she doesn't get emotionally attached to people while I get incredibly attached. To anyone. If one of my coworkers tells me they're feeling down I get sad too. The point is, at the moment, with the way she is, it wouldn't have worked out. As far as God, prayer was a part of it yes, so when she prayed she felt affirmed in this decision, but it wasn't the deciding factor.
Uh, then mention that. The only reason provided when  you posted was because God so don't get mad at me for only being able to reply to that.  baddood;
That's like going "i got arrested for walking down the street" and people raging at the police but you failed the mention you had a pound of pot and an uzi.

But uh yeah there's nothing you really can do there and I know somewhat how that feels.  doodhuh;

Samus Aran

Of course, it would be nice if you didn't just assume that he meant that, JMV.

I gotta be honest, it really is annoying how even if she did do it because God told her to, you'd jump on her case for it. There's nothing inherently wrong with her making a decision based on what she felt was truly from God, if it's really what she believes. But she didn't do that anyway.

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on September 10, 2009, 08:57:02 AM
Of course, it would be nice if you didn't just assume that he meant that, JMV.

I gotta be honest, it really is annoying how even if she did do it because God told her to, you'd jump on her case for it. There's nothing inherently wrong with her making a decision based on what she felt was truly from God, if it's really what she believes. But she didn't do that anyway.

The only reason provided was "because God told her to". That isn't an assumption. It's forming an opinion on the facts presented. Further facts further change an opinion. doodhuh;

Of course I'd get on her case for it. Do you really think, if a god existed, that he would rather tell an 18 year old girl to break up with her boyfriend rather than communicating with people over more important things like disease, hunger, etc? Exactly, she didn't so it's a moot point. The point was his original post made it appear as if that was the reason.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: JMV on September 10, 2009, 09:37:10 AM
The only reason provided was "because God told her to". That isn't an assumption. It's forming an opinion on the facts presented. Further facts further change an opinion. doodhuh;

did he edit his first post or something

Of course I'd get on her case for it. Do you really think, if a god existed, that he would rather tell an 18 year old girl to break up with her boyfriend rather than communicating with people over more important things like disease, hunger, etc? Exactly, she didn't so it's a moot point. The point was his original post made it appear as if that was the reason.

[/quote]

he could probably do both i mean he is god and stuff

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 10, 2009, 10:11:05 AM
did he edit his first post or something
Reading his wording again with the consecutive "ands" it could also say what he said after I just re-read it and he actually posted more than "god was telling her"

he could probably do both i mean he is god and stuff
Then why doesn't he

Bolivian Army

Quote from: JMV on September 10, 2009, 10:19:51 AM
Reading his wording again with the consecutive "ands" it could also say what he said after I just re-read it and he actually posted more than "god was telling her"

the whole "didn't love me" thing was what stood out to me

Quote from: JMV on September 10, 2009, 10:19:51 AM
Then why doesn't he

how do you know that he doesn't

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 10, 2009, 10:39:32 AM
the whole "didn't love me" thing was what stood out to me

Combining it with "and" generally shows a boolean operation that God telling her and not loving him are related.

[/quote]
[/quote]1. Do you honestly believe that God told her to break up with him when she prayed?
2. Because there is still disease, hunger, and war. Clearly  if he were they wouldn't be an issue.

Lotos

Quote from: Sync on September 09, 2009, 09:17:43 PM
My girlfriend dumped me then started going out with my best friend. ^__^

Didn't you fuck her though?  Shouldn't you be happy and be thinking "Hey, I got sex out of it!"?

Bolivian Army

September 10, 2009, 11:19:58 AM #27 Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 12:24:41 PM by Bolivian Army
Quote from: JMV on September 10, 2009, 11:00:51 AM
Combining it with "and" generally shows a boolean operation that God telling her and not loving him are related.

well duh, i could have told you that

1. Do you honestly believe that God told her to break up with him when she prayed?
2. Because there is still disease, hunger, and war. Clearly  if he were they wouldn't be an issue.

1. dunno i'm not god
2. you said communicate, not eradicate. there was a twilight zone episode about this you know. tragedy is a byproduct of the freedom of life

YPrrrr

You guys really suck at empathy

Veal

Quote from: YPR on September 10, 2009, 12:37:09 PM
You guys really suck at empathy

So did Emma oh god this thread reminds me of her now :(

Go Up