August 21, 2024, 04:15:31 AM

1,531,287 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Smart Playlists -- do you use them?

Started by snorkel, August 29, 2009, 02:07:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Bassir on September 01, 2009, 12:43:16 PM
maybe he doesn't have a keyboard goonish

Then he wouldn't be able to type in "Radiohead" when making a smart playlist in order for it to work. goonish

Feynman

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 12:50:53 PM
Then he wouldn't be able to type in "Radiohead" when making a smart playlist in order for it to work. goonish

maybe he had to borrow a keyboard to create the playlists so that when he gave it back he could always check again without using a keyboard goonish

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 12:30:29 PM
Of course, alternatively, you could just type in a band's name in the search bar to narrow your entire list down to that band if you need to see how many you have. You don't need to make a playlist.
That doesn't always work:

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on September 01, 2009, 02:09:35 PM
That doesn't always work:

Well no, it doesn't always work, but it works for all the bands Notsid mentioned. And even if you get a couple extra things, it's not exactly hard to do a little bit of quick subtraction.

But yeah Queen is not an ideal choice to use the search bar for.

Hiro

Are you saying you can't sort by artist in iTunes?  doodhuh;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on September 01, 2009, 03:28:43 PM
Are you saying you can't sort by artist in iTunes?  doodhuh;

...what?

Have you never even used iTunes before? By default, unless you change it, it sorts by artist.

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 03:38:53 PM
...what?

Have you never even used iTunes before? By default, unless you change it, it sorts by artist.
I think this just proves that Hiro hates iTunes without ever using it. giggle;

And it wouldn't count the number of songs by the artist, Hiro.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 03:38:53 PM
...what?

I've used iTunes, just not often. If figured as much, so why is it a problem? Just play that artist.

Quote from: JMV on September 01, 2009, 03:41:57 PM
I think this just proves that Hiro hates iTunes without ever using it. giggle;
When in hell did I ever say I hated iTunes?  doodhuh;

Quote from: JMV on September 01, 2009, 03:41:57 PM
And it wouldn't count the number of songs by the artist, Hiro.
Uhhh......  what?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on September 01, 2009, 03:55:49 PM
I've used iTunes, just not often. If figured as much, so why is it a problem? Just play that artist.

Because you can't shuffle your overall library, but you can shuffle a playlist. That's much of the point of putting them into a playlist, really. Plus, if you only want to play that artist but you aren't near your computer (in other words, you're lazy), a playlist keeps iTunes from going into the next artist on the list.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 08:52:41 PM
Because you can't shuffle your overall library, but you can shuffle a playlist. That's much of the point of putting them into a playlist, really. Plus, if you only want to play that artist but you aren't near your computer (in other words, you're lazy), a playlist keeps iTunes from going into the next artist on the list.
On the Zune thing when you can just shuffle an artist's songs  baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on September 01, 2009, 08:57:16 PM
On the Zune thing when you can just shuffle an artist's songs  baddood;

In iTunes it takes about 5 seconds to drag an artist's songs into a playlist. baddood;

So no real loss.

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 08:59:16 PM
In iTunes it takes about 5 seconds to drag an artist's songs into a playlist. baddood;

So no real loss.
Same with Zune  baddood;
Idk I was just curious was all, not bashing itunes or trying to offend jimv or anything
(although I do think the zune app seems more functional  akudood;)

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Kaz on September 01, 2009, 08:52:41 PM
Because you can't shuffle your overall library
what? I've always got my library on shuffle.

Samus Aran

Quote from: NautSyd on September 02, 2009, 10:23:03 AM
what? I've always got my library on shuffle.

...okay, I always just assumed shuffling didn't work on the main library because you don't see its effects immediately. I'm retarded.

YPrrrr

You can just play the artist by changing the view in iTunes... The view where it's a grid allows you to play just one artist's songs and you can shuffle from there

Go Up