July 15, 2024, 11:48:44 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ITT: GOOD BANDS GENO SHOULD GET INTO

Started by Geno, August 21, 2009, 07:30:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

I'm going torrent crazy
RECCOMEND ME GOOD BAND PLZ
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

FAMY2

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Uh idk your tastes are kinda generic so I'm not sure what kind of bands I can recommend knowing you might like them. I was going to say The Flaming Lips but I can't imagine you getting into them very easily. Try anyway though, maybe.

Eh, whatever, here's some suggestions anyway, sticking to stuff that's pretty easy to enjoy for the most part...

The Black Keys (modern blues rock, lo-fi)
The Smashing Pumpkins (an alternative band everyone should like or else)
Mudhoney (lo-fi, noise-rockish at times, punk-ish at others, but ultimately a grunge band)
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (modern blues rock)
Beck (uh...he does some of everything really but let's just call him alternative)
Porcupine Tree (modern prog)
Blackfield (modern prog, very sad stuff, related to PT)
Radiohead (alternative and prog)
Oasis (britpop)
The Charlatans (britpop, try if you like Oasis)
Manic Street Preachers (alternative at first, simply britpop later)
The Clash (to find out if you can stand punk at all)
The Dandy Warhols (psych, alt. rock, pop)
Franz Ferdinand (alt. rock)
Iron & Wine (peaceful folk rock)
Great Lake Swimmers (if you like I&W)
Sonic Youth (doubt you'll like them at first, but give the noisiness a try)
Belle and Sebastian (uh idk alt. rock and pop i guess)

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on August 21, 2009, 09:01:47 PM
The Flaming Lips
The Black Keys (modern blues rock, lo-fi)
The Smashing Pumpkins (an alternative band everyone should like or else)
Porcupine Tree (modern prog)
Radiohead (alternative and prog)
Sonic Youth (doubt you'll like them at first, but give the noisiness a try)
Out of everything you mentioned I have the entire discography for those.  baddood;
I'll try the others though because I agree with your choice in music most of the time thumbup;

Samus Aran

Quote from: GENOP on August 21, 2009, 09:06:11 PM
Out of everything you mentioned I have the entire discography for those.  baddood;
I'll try the others though because I agree with your choice in music most of the time thumbup;

I assume that means you like them all, since you bothered to download so much of theirs?

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on August 21, 2009, 09:08:10 PM
I assume that means you like them all, since you bothered to download so much of theirs?
No I hate em.

Samus Aran

Quote from: GENOP on August 21, 2009, 09:10:59 PM
No I hate em.

no sarcasm please

i asked because honestly you don't seem like the type to appreciate Sonic Youth

i couldn't like them myself for quite some time

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on August 21, 2009, 09:12:36 PM
no sarcasm please

i asked because honestly you don't seem like the type to appreciate Sonic Youth

i couldn't like them myself for quite some time
My Aunt got me into Sonic Youth like 6 years ago.
I haven't really listened to them lately though.

the shortest route to the sea

Arcade Fire because I love them
Future of the Left because I love them
Lou Reed because he's fun

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 21, 2009, 09:20:09 PM
Lou Reed because he's fun

At least until you get to...that album...baddood;

Though it's still pretty fun to see how long you can withstand it.

Quote from: Kaz on August 21, 2009, 09:26:58 PM
At least until you get to...that album...baddood;

Though it's still pretty fun to see how long you can withstand it.

What are you talking about? I've only heard Transformer.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 21, 2009, 09:34:14 PM
What are you talking about? I've only heard Transformer.

Metal Machine Music

it's like 45 minutes or so of feedback loops, nothing but feedback

it's hard to even call it music, really, it's just annoying

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on August 21, 2009, 09:35:56 PM
Metal Machine Music

it's like 45 minutes or so of feedback loops, nothing but feedback

it's hard to even call it music, really, it's just annoying

I mean it's hard not to do that when you're a fan of classical music in the 60's.  Folks say worse things about venetian snares, and Revolution 9. There's a mindset to get into to listen; you can't just listen to it like normal music. It isn't just normal music.

Go Up