September 12, 2024, 04:40:38 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Free New Radiohead

Started by Hiro, August 20, 2009, 08:22:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

http://www.waste.uk.com/Store/waste-radiohead-twisted+words.html

Get it now  akudood;
It's pretty good, sounds more like something from Kid A/Amnesiac than it does In Rainbows.

the shortest route to the sea

August 21, 2009, 08:35:49 PM #1 Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:36:16 PM by Alyssa the Glowing Sole
The guitar starts tight, then gets surprisingly not-tight. It loosens the In-Rainbows-esque tightness, but it leaves me feeling confused. I'll be over it in a few playthroughs....the interplay between bass and guitar provides most if the interest here, and I'm not very interested...this is probably because of my speakers. I'll repost once I get my phones, but my impressions are: intrigued in the abstractifying of In Rainbows-like material, but put off by the lack of growth and bold statements in the song. It's subtle, which take a bit to get used to.

Edit 1: Strange. Despite the quickness and crispness of the drums, it's a song that takes a lot of slowing down to listen to. The slow breakdown of the guitar becomes hypnotic, aware, and then when the bass line evens out and the guitar plucks away, we can finally regularize ourselves within this twisted universe, itself bolstered by twisted words.

Edit 2: Checked out the lyrics:

QuoteThese are my twisted words
When I feel you still walking
I know I should not look down
But Iââ,¬â,,¢m so sick of just talking

When are you coming back?
I just canââ,¬â,,¢t handle it

I just canââ,¬â,,¢t stand it

Suicide, mostly. Or a lack of ability to handle the circumstances, the circumstances being awful (a high bridge to look down from). Either way, a sense of entrapment. This feeling mirrors the way that the song loses noise while building complexity, creating a tunnel-like effect we are sucked into. There is change in the way we see this scene which Yorke has set up for us, but in reality, there's no change in this world. This world is just really broken, and Yorke can't handle it. Hence, the song ends abrubtly with a snare hit, probably suicide, or at least the breaking point, or maybe it ends because there's nothing more to say. Everything's been said about this fucking world.

Edit 3: Started listening to it like classical music, with unfolding tonalities and self-references building a web of musical integrity. There are enough switches in dynamic to keep it interesting, but the subtle creation of tonalities and nice non-scary chords with the guitar is a wonderful thing. Of course the vocals ruin all the major-keyed hope we could want.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

Geeze, you're getting into this aren't you  akudood;

Quote from: Hïro on August 21, 2009, 09:42:43 PM
Geeze, you're getting into this aren't you  akudood;

I'm pretending to be optimistic.

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 21, 2009, 10:03:53 PM
Oh, you know him as Houdini.

Also, headphones.
I have no idea what you're talking about  doodhuh;

Quote from: Hïro on August 21, 2009, 10:04:21 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about  doodhuh;

I need scissors. 61.

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 21, 2009, 10:08:40 PM
I need scissors. 61.
Well quite surely the foxes have arrived at their stations by now, or did your grandmother paint the walrus sculpture blue?

Quote from: Hïro on August 21, 2009, 10:13:45 PM
Well quite surely the foxes have arrived at their stations by now, or did your grandmother paint the walrus sculpture blue?

I hate pointless absurdism. Proper absurdism is the act of creating noise and randomness which sketches or echoes things that are actually funny.

YOU'RE JUST PICKING STRANGE WORDS  wariodood;

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on August 21, 2009, 10:24:14 PM
I hate pointless absurdism. Proper absurdism is the act of creating noise and randomness which sketches or echoes things that are actually funny.

YOU'RE JUST PICKING STRANGE WORDS  wariodood;
akudood;

Daddy

also hiro.

On Outsider "Houdini", our mod, used the name "Optimistic" if that is what you were confused about.

Go Up