October 06, 2024, 09:21:40 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

pirating

Started by j o e i n c, August 19, 2009, 09:41:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

what do you think

dont do it
7 (38.9%)
do it,  w/e
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Go Down

j o e i n c

pirating games what do you think

Classic

Title

Pirate all the Activision games you want.

Andria

Other than the occasional gba game I have gotten for an emulator I do not pirate games

Oh

I only pirate when the demo sucks and I want to make sure the game is worth paying. I basically beat the game and if I enjoyed it, I will pay the developer.
akudood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Rawl on August 19, 2009, 10:40:13 AM
I only pirate when the demo sucks and I want to make sure the game is worth paying. I basically beat the game and if I enjoyed it, I will pay the developer.
akudood;
you don't pay for a movie after you see it and decide if it was worth the price akudood;

the only game i've ever pirated is star fox 2, which was never released anyway

Chōshū

I've pirated Mass Effect, which was a game that I had already bought for the Xbox 360.

I also pirated Fallout 3 which I only played one or two times (great game, just kinda put it down and didn't get into it again.)

The only other game I pirated was System Shock 2, which I still haven't played, lol.  I just pirated it because I couldn't find it in stores.

Oh

Quote from: Tc on August 19, 2009, 12:14:12 PM
you don't pay for a movie after you see it and decide if it was worth the price akudood;

the only game i've ever pirated is star fox 2, which was never released anyway
Well I don't like being tricked into something I don't like.  baddood;

rdl

I pirate old games, though only the classics. Nintendo isn't losing any cash from me doing this anyway so it's not a big deal. And if there's a port on a recent console I generally go out and buy it.

strongbad

I pirate games a lot, but I've boughten a few games that I really liked. I know that doesn't make me any better, but I feel bad if I truely enjoy a game that I didn't pay for.

I do pirate a ton of old games on old systems that I can't pay for.

The artist formally known

Buying used is just as bad as pirating.

j o e i n c

do you guys really care about the companies that much

rdl

Quote from: j o e i n c on August 19, 2009, 04:57:02 PM
do you guys really care about the companies that much
no but pretending i do makes me look like a better person

Claquesous

I can't play pirated games. At least on a computer. I don't really know why this is. Probably has something to do with the fact that I don't have a controller/handheld in my hand. But I also don't pirate because then I don't feel obligated to play it. If I spend money on a game, I will finish it eventually even if I don't like, just so I can get my money's worth out of it.

Though I have installed Homebrew Channel and have downloaded a handful of VC games.

j o e i n c

Quote from: RDX on August 19, 2009, 05:03:26 PM
no but pretending i do makes me look like a better person
fight the man and those greedy capitalists

pirate games

Go Up