October 05, 2024, 01:54:43 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you have a favorite author?

Started by Chōshū, August 18, 2009, 07:00:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chōshū

August 18, 2009, 07:00:28 PM Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 10:53:47 PM by reefer
This is a hard question for me to answer, but if I had to pick one author that I hold above all others, it would probably be Carl Sagan.

He explains science and the universe in such a poetic and magnificent way.  His writing prowess is potent enough to inspire even the laziest and indifferent of people to question themselves, their universe, and their culture.  After him, I'm really not sure.  Perhaps Ralph Waldo Emerson?  I haven't read any of his stuff in quite a while though.

Skylark

Jack Kerouac
Ayn Rand
F. Scott Fitzgerald
the book of right on

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Hemingway maybe.
There's others.
Philip K dick is awesome.
Jules verne strictly for the mysterious island. I love that book to death.
Vonnegut, of courses.
Unless I want to space out. Then I read stephen king compulsively.
He's not graceful, but he spins a good yarn.
I'm mainly talking about the dark tower of course.

Samus Aran

I dunno, authors are really hard for me to pick favorites of. I guess right now I could say J.D. Salinger, Hemingway, and Chuck Palahniuk.

the shortest route to the sea

I read a lot of different stuff from different author, but the only authors I follow directly are Haruki Murakami and Toni Morrison.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Lozal

George Orwell, Kurt Vonnegut, Aldous Huxley.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Skylark

I'm saying Huxley too.
Mostly for The Doors of Perception.
the book of right on

Zach

Joseph Heller, Hunter S. Thompson, Ernest Hemingway, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald

snorkel

My favorites are probably H.P. Lovecraft and Thomas Pynchon... the former for his stories and perfectly macabre style, and Pynchon because there is just no author like him.

Of the classics, F. Scott Fitzgerald is probably my favorite. The way he puts sentences together is something I dream of doing.

The artist formally known

I guess you could say Chuck Palahniuk. I don't read that much and most of the authors I read only have two or so books or suck so I don't investigate their books too much.

YPrrrr

Ayn Rand and George Orwell... I also want to start reading some more William Golding because I really liked Lord of the Flies

Go Up