Sega lets the public choose the next Genesis game to make it to XBLA

Started by StarPilot, August 14, 2009, 03:58:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

http://www.genesispoll.com/

The choices are Earthworm Jim, Golden Axe II, Shining Force, Revenge of Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Toejam & Earl, and Wonderboy.

Earthworm Jim currently has a commanding lead with 47% of the votes, TJ&E with 19%, and Shining Force in 3rd with 11%. Voting ends on the 21st so you've got a week to decide which one you'd vote for.

Use message icons bro.

Samus Aran

Lol, Shining Force is boring.

The other choices are awesome though.

Hiro

It's obviously going to be Earthworm Jim.
I also voted for it.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Paul

Linkjge

StarPilot

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/08/18/update-genesis-poll/

QuoteSEGA Community,

We are excited and honored to see the enthusiasm that surrounds our Genesis 20th Anniversary poll for the next SEGA game to be released on Xbox Live Arcade. Weââ,¬â,,¢ve been overwhelmed with the number of votes weââ,¬â,,¢ve received. Thank you for the support that youââ,¬â,,¢ve shown in the past few days.

Unfortunately, due to a licensing issue, we are no longer able to offer Earthworm Jim as an option in our poll. It was announced earlier today that Gameloft will be bringing Earthworm Jim to Xbox Live Arcade along with several other platforms. We are excited that our fans will soon be able to play this game.

However, we are still moving ahead with our plans to release Genesis-era SEGA games on Xbox Live Arcade. We understand that some people who voted for Earthworm Jim may have voted for another game on the poll if they had known that Earthworm Jim was not an option. So to be fair to everyone, we have reset our poll and it is open for voting once more. We encourage you to vote for your favorite game once per day, with Friday being the last day of voting. We will still announce our winner on Saturday, August 22nd.

Thank you again for your enthusiasm, and happy voting!

So Earthworm Jim was already going to go to XBLA from Gameloft, so that's been removed from the poll. Well, TJ&E was my second choice anyway.

NOA_Haunted

Classic

Go Up