September 19, 2024, 09:33:58 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Free Guitar Hero: Van Halen!

Started by Geno, August 11, 2009, 12:51:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

If you preorder Guitar Hero 5
I was kinda iffy about gettin Van Halen because they aren't one of my all time favorites like Metallica but I guess since I'll be getting guitar hero 5 anyway I might as well get it.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Zach

Samus Aran

Sounds like a cool deal, except I don't currently really want GH5 anyway. I don't think I'll bother.

Quote from: Zach on August 11, 2009, 12:58:48 PM
you poor soul

Oh shut it.

Chōshū

that sounds pretty cool.  I don't think I'll be buying any more music games though.  Spent too much on the first Rock Band, I just feel like I don't need anymore after getting the Rock Band 2 disc.

KonohaShinobi

Is this a gamestop promotion? They have had a lot of killer preordering bonuses lately.

I really don't preorder, but lately I have had the urge to slap down 5 bucks...Also, does this go for the Wii version? If you can just preorder the disc without the guitar (I already have 2) I'd buy it if I could get another free game also.

Hiro

Actually, you don't have to preorder, you just have to buy it in September.  hocuspocus;
And it's not a GameStop deal either, as far as I know. Every copy of the game will have the offer for the first month.

I'm definitely taking them up on that offer, even if I'm not the biggest Van Halen fan. thumbup;

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 11, 2009, 02:52:38 PM
Also, does this go for the Wii version? If you can just preorder the disc without the guitar
Yes, it's for the Wii version as well.
And you can just buy the game, don't need the guitar bundle.

strongbad

Why do people still buy Guitar Hero when Rockband is also on the market? I don't get it.

Hiro

Quote from: GOB on August 11, 2009, 08:05:47 PM
Why do people still buy Guitar Hero when Rockband is also on the market? I don't get it.
While Rock Band is by far the better of the two, I still enjoy Guitar Hero from time to time, and 5 actually looks really good.

Wrench

Probably going to end up getting this because of the Van Halen game. I've always preferred Guitar Hero and never got World Tour so I have to get this one.

Geno

Quote from: GOB on August 11, 2009, 08:05:47 PM
Because Guitar Hero is more challenging? Seriously Rock Band doesn't challenge me at all anymore.
Plus the only reason I play Rock Band is for the DLC
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

Quote from: Geno on August 11, 2009, 09:55:31 PM
Because Guitar Hero is more challenging? Seriously Rock Band doesn't challenge me at all anymore.
Plus the only reason I play Rock Band is for the DLC

Okay
But for the the other 99% of the population it's fine.

Geno

Quote from: GOB on August 12, 2009, 02:32:17 PM
Okay
uh what

Samus Aran

Quote from: GOB on August 12, 2009, 02:32:17 PM
Okay

99% of the gaming population is satisfied with one game because 99% of the gaming population is really stingy with money

some of us are different, and enjoy getting the most out these things as possible, which is why i want RB2 but still would enjoy having Van Halen and GH5 unless they turn out to be like World Tour

Geno

GH:WT didn't have that great of a setlist.
The only good songs were Beat it, Crazy Train, and the Tool songs

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Geno on August 12, 2009, 03:50:53 PM
GH:WT didn't have that great of a setlist.
The only good songs were Beat it, Crazy Train, and the Tool songs
Hey, "L'via L'viaquez" is a great song. baddood;

They just butchered the fuck out of it by reducing it to two and a half minutes from the original 13 minutes. ;_;

Go Up