October 05, 2024, 03:50:37 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

favorite album art

Started by snorkel, August 09, 2009, 09:31:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

Here's some great ones I've noticed lately:

[img]http://www.headnodstatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/grizzly_bear-veckatimest-cover-better1.jpg[/img]

I love the background, and especially love the typography.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HZJReAhBfcA/SmPvcAlJl2I/AAAAAAAAChQ/DAxkYcuJ7C4/s400/engineers_three_fact_fader.jpg[/img]

Perfectly plain and abstract. Goes with the music, too, in an odd painted deer kind of way.

[img]http://www.theghostlystore.com/mm5/graphics/00000002/tycho_past_400.jpg[/img]

One of my favorite covers for one of my favorite albums. It's just very nice looking.

Selkie

What CD is the third one?

Anyway,

snorkel

Oh yeah I meant to have Frances The Mute on there too, I love that one.

The third album is Past is Prologue by Tycho.

Daddy

I DOWNLOADED VECKATIMEST LAST NIGHT

sans culottes

This isn't my favorite album cover, but I love this style that a lot of grunge bands had.

It's such a simple design but it was really cool on a lot of grunge LPs. If I was to record an album, I'd probably do a cover like that.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

August 10, 2009, 01:37:02 PM #5 Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:40:38 PM by Kaz
This is probably my favorite album cover ever:

A couple others that I've really liked the look of just recently:

Also, two covers I really like by bands I don't even listen to (or in the case of Academy, bands I don't even like at all):

Thyme

Just for good measure:

And because it kind of makes me laugh:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

n_u

lfctwentytwo

this has gotta be my favourite just for the...pure...i dunno randomness of it haha

its HEFTY FINE BY THE BLOODHOUND GANG....

......mmmm i don't know how to insert the photo of the album art...someone help please

burzumfan420

Quote from: coz on August 09, 2009, 11:30:39 PM
This isn't my favorite album cover, but I love this style that a lot of grunge bands had.

It's such a simple design but it was really cool on a lot of grunge LPs. If I was to record an album, I'd probably do a cover like that.

Yeah it is a punk-style of album covers, love them too.

I like MPP's cover lol.

Samus Aran

By the way, I actually own this book:

It's pretty damn cool.

And speaking of grunge and punk covers, I always liked the cover of Mudhoney's debut EP.

sans culottes

Yeah, that cover is awesome. In the 80's, it became a punk and grunge tradition to use black and white pictures that really say "FUCK YEAH ROCK OUT" on album covers.

I support BUSH

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on August 11, 2009, 02:00:21 PM
And speaking of grunge and punk covers, I always liked the cover of Mudhoney's debut EP.

That's a pretty awesome one thumbup;

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on August 11, 2009, 03:04:48 PM

I almost posted that one. thumbup; thumbup; thumbup;

Go Up