September 12, 2024, 05:36:20 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Yesterday, I bought a bunch of radiohead albums

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, July 31, 2009, 12:27:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Houdini on August 02, 2009, 02:04:48 AM

At first, I thought Amnesiac was pleasant and easy to listen to but overall rather lackluster. It sounded like a few really great songs mixed in with a bunch of tossed-off experiments. Over the years, however, I've really grown to like it. The trick is figuring out how to listen to it. It doesn't follow the kind of progression a normal album does. Eventually I began to realize that it's really a vivid picture of a different world, a sort of dreamlike reality close to ours but different in several really big ways. It's hard to explain. It's best to listen to it after midnight. 3'oclock a.m. works best for me.

I got off work and popped Amnesiac into the cd player and drove around. You're definitely right about the after midnight listening. It really made me appreciate the album more. I can't bare to listen to it during the day though. I don't know what it is but this is definitely a lot better when listened to in the right location. For me it just happens to be on dark country roads during the night.

As for In Rainbows. I've owned it since it came out. I was disappointed with it when it first come out. I did grow to like it for a period of time. I just can't really listen to it as much as some of there other ones.

the shortest route to the sea

Oooh that reminds me I can play the awesome hardrocking part of Paranoid Android, all of Sulk, and the skeleton of Weird Fishes on piano and it's prettttyyyyy

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up