October 05, 2024, 04:16:31 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Redwall

Started by Hiro, July 30, 2009, 10:36:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Did anyone else read those books as a kid? In middle school they were my favorite, even though most of them followed the same format more or less.

I'm pretty sure I read:
Redwall
Mattimeo (My favorite)
Salamandastron
Martin the Warrior
The Bellmaker
Outcast of Redwall (Also very good, most different of them all)
Lord Bocktree
Triss

Samus Aran

I read every book that was then in the series, starting in fourth grade until about the middle of fifth grade.

Hiro

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 10:52:10 PM
I read every book that was then in the series, starting in fourth grade until about the middle of fifth grade.
And they kicked ass, no?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hïro on July 30, 2009, 11:05:58 PM
And they kicked ass, no?

Well, until I realized I wasn't enjoying them anymore, sure. They kicked ass when I was young enough not to know better.

Hiro

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 11:07:17 PM
Well, until I realized I wasn't enjoying them anymore, sure. They kicked ass when I was young enough not to know better.
well yeah, that's usually what happens with things like that

rdl

Mattimeo, Redwall and Martin the Warrior were too badass. Namely Mattimeo. But I remember the death scenes were overtly graphic for a children's book.

I read them in third grade I think. I stopped in fourth or fifth. Whenever Loamhedge came out, which was when I realized that they weren't that good.

I think every badger was killed at one point or another. The author mustn't have liked badgers akudood;

Samus Aran

I remember how annoyingly repetitive the author was when it came to feasting. SCONES, SCONES, SCONES FUCKING EVERYWHERE. Plus there were like 500000 feasts in every book.

Hiro

Quote from: RDX on July 30, 2009, 11:11:24 PM
Mattimeo, Redwall and Martin the Warrior were too badass. Namely Mattimeo. But I remember the death scenes were overtly graphic for a children's book.

I read them in third grade I think. I stopped in fourth or fifth. Whenever Loamhedge came out, which was when I realized that they weren't that good.

I think every badger was killed at one point or another. The author mustn't have liked badgers akudood;
lol tons of dudes died, but the badgers were total badasses badass

I just skipped between books, but yeah, I eventually grew out of them after realizing that most of them had nearly the exact same plot and characters.
But I still love Mattimeo.

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 11:14:25 PM
I remember how annoyingly repetitive the author was when it came to feasting. SCONES, SCONES, SCONES FUCKING EVERYWHERE. Plus there were like 500000 feasts in every book.
god damn yes
but it was weird how he made leaves and nuts sound absolutely delicious  O_0

oh and the Logalog too

rdl

At first I read through them because I felt bad about skipping pages, but by book 8 I just said fuck it and I skipped those chapters entirely.

For the longest time I wanted to know what a scone was. I thought it was some british thing but...maybe it wasn't.

Quote from: Hïro on July 30, 2009, 11:14:56 PM
lol tons of dudes died, but the badgers were total badasses badass

I just skipped between books, but yeah, I eventually grew out of them after realizing that most of them had nearly the exact same plot and characters.
But I still love Mattimeo.
Constance the badger was such a damn hardass badass

lol i cant believe i still remember some of their names

Quoteoh and the Logalog too
logalogalogalogalog
i remember i used to skip over the word "rapier" because i thought it was kind of a bad word  akudood;

Samus Aran

"Stoat" always used to confuse me when I read those books because I didn't know it was a weasel type thing back then.

akudood;

Hiro

Quote from: RDX on July 30, 2009, 11:19:36 PM
At first I read through them because I felt bad about skipping pages, but by book 8 I just said fuck it and I skipped those chapters entirely.

For the longest time I wanted to know what a scone was. I thought it was some british thing but...maybe it wasn't.
you don't know what a scone is?  baddood;

rdl

Quote from: Hïro on July 30, 2009, 11:29:26 PM
you don't know what a scone is?  baddood;
didnt

kaz i didnt know what anything was back then. i barely knew what a hare was.

Hiro

Quote from: RDX on July 30, 2009, 11:49:18 PM
didnt

kaz i didnt know what anything was back then. i barely knew what a hare was.
lol

YPrrrr

Loved the books, my favorite being Taggerung, quite possibly just because the main character is an otter.
Quote from: RDX on July 30, 2009, 11:11:24 PM
Must be from Minnesota akudood;
All the alcohol always caught my attention. There always seemed to be some sort of cordial going around

the shortest route to the sea

I kept on expecting his writing style to stop sucking. It never did.

But he spins wonderful stories and characters, worlds and conflicts.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Go Up