October 07, 2024, 01:28:24 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What is High School like?

Started by Bushy, July 30, 2009, 04:41:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Paul

Usually a population over 2,000 with a diverse group of ethnicity. Popularity is determined by class and many kids are immature assholes that only care about sex, money and girls.

ME##

Quote from: Paul on July 30, 2009, 08:03:17 PM
Usually a population over 2,000

If you live in a bigger city, yes.  doodhuh;

j o e i n c

just remember that it's over in a flash.

Geno

Quote from: Bassir on July 30, 2009, 07:27:56 PM
It's everything like the movies. Lots of singing and dancing, the schools are perfect and clean, and every girl is beautiful.
God when I was watching High School Musical 3 I was getting pretty frustrated at how they portrayed High School.
Yay we're all friends even though we're different and we all have fun together and we don't need drinking or sex or any of that naughty stuff! ^____^
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Socks

Quote from: Paul on July 30, 2009, 08:03:17 PM
Popularity is determined by class and many kids are immature assholes that only care about sex, money and girls.

Add power to money, girls, and fame, and you get the world.

Feynman

Quote from: Geno on July 30, 2009, 08:07:30 PM
God when I was watching High School Musical 3 I was getting pretty frustrated at how they portrayed High School.
Yay we're all friends even though we're different and we all have fun together and we don't need drinking or sex or any of that naughty stuff! ^____^

I'm more pissed off at how Hollywood portrays high schools as small societies composed of very rigid social classes and cliques defined by one's personal interests with almost no social mobility and how it asserts the notion that teens are subject to so much pressure where one's own hobbies and even choice of career are determined by peers. I find that most high schools, especially those in larger cities are much more free and dog-eat-dog—and although the fact that teens aren't very free-thinking or independent is true to a certain extent, it surely isn't as extreme as it is characterized in the movies.

akudood;

Socks

And everyone does not look like a 30 something with teen clothes and a backpack.

Paul

Quote from: j o e i n c on July 30, 2009, 08:05:07 PM
just remember that it's over in a flash.

This is true. I'm going into my junior year and it's felt like several months.

Oh

People will piss you off, a lot.  akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Дави́д on July 30, 2009, 08:04:32 PM
If you live in a bigger city, yes.  doodhuh;

my graduating class had about 70 kids, lol

snorkel

Quote from: Paul on July 30, 2009, 08:22:20 PM
This is true. I'm going into my junior year and it's felt like several months.

I guess I have to disagree with you guys, my years dragged on for a fucking eternity. I was also in the same school 7-12 and not just 9-12 so that could be why

Geno

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 08:31:43 PM
What the hell
That's like almost nothing.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ME##

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 08:31:43 PM

My freshmen English teacher was from South Dakota, I think he said his class rank was like forty out of forty-seven lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Дави́д on July 30, 2009, 08:37:32 PM
My freshmen English teacher was from South Dakota, I think he said his class rank was like forty out of forty-seven lol

he was dumb then :|

I don't remember what I was, really. I think it was 13 out of 70. I was 5th at one point, then I slipped behind because I stopped giving a shit.

ME##

Quote from: Ken on July 30, 2009, 08:39:21 PM
he was dumb then :|

I don't remember what I was, really. I think it was 13 out of 70. I was 5th at one point, then I slipped behind because I stopped giving a shit.

im dum den :|

Go Up