October 07, 2024, 01:29:58 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What is High School like?

Started by Bushy, July 30, 2009, 04:41:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

I don't think it'll be that tough, but I need some... insight? from my favorite people
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Hiro

.......wow.
It's.....
I can't even.....

*sigh*

Commander Fuckass

Drama, Teenage lust to have sex, Jealousy, more drama, people who change to try and fit in. Etc. Then theres the thing called study so you can get dat high gpa
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

rdl

upper classmen will try to rape you even though theyre guys too and white kids will get all offensive if you look at them for longer than 2 seconds when you walk past them

beware

Hiro

basically all your friends will sell crack and smoke tons of weed and all the girls get pregnant and people cuss a lot and freshman get beat up every day

Socks

You will experience teachers who are preparing you for life. And you will experience teachers who are looking forward to their next paycheck. You will meet educators who excite your sense of curiosity for knowledge and information. There will be people who's perspective and outlook on things will change the way you look at the world. Ultimately though, you will be the most important educator and evaluator. Lessons learned in classes are only as useful as how, and what, you apply them to.
All the superficial drama shit is nonsense. Keep a cool head and proper attitude and you will be constantly amazed and entertained by primitive stupidity. One more thing, it will all fly by faster than you think.

snorkel

My experience was one concerning a very pathetic and insular environment where I continually felt constricted and separate, being that I was not even mildly interested in overwhelmingly superficial and unrealistic teen drama. This was magnified by the Catholic/private school environment; each grade was only about 200-250 people so there was little opportunity for escape although I made a few good friends.

As far as actual education goes it's complete bullshit, just a fucking long 4-year venue for resumé padding. Decide now what you want for college ââ,¬â€œÃ¢â,¬â€œ if you want Ivy Leagues and whatshit, go for the 4.0 and debate team captain and all the meaningless glory you can find; if you're fine with a state college then just do enough to keep a relatively high average and try to have a good time. Or, do what I did and participate in almost no school activities, show up for the minimum amount of classes, get a 3.9 including a few AP classes to make it look like you tried (but you didn't really), enjoy yourself however you like the rest of the time (drugs, whatever), and still get accepted wherever you apply.

What it comes down to though is the number of days left until you can move out, you've got around 1500 thumbup;

Nyerp

luna

I would like to know this too  baddood;

Daddy

I would be like Socks and snorkel but I'm lazy.

just do your homework.

Socks

Smell Memory

Quote from: Prowling Kewn on July 30, 2009, 06:26:50 PM
I would be like Socks and snorkel but I'm lazy.

just do your homework.
omglol
The last month (may-june) of school I started to not come in class anymore and not do any homework and still got highest grade in most of my classes  cjlubdoods;
Felt: because politics are for fools y/n
Felt: goldfrapp controls everything.

Socks

Quote from: Smell Memory on July 30, 2009, 07:02:00 PM
The last month (may-june) of school I started to not come in class anymore and not do any homework and still got highest grade in most of my classes  cjlubdoods;

Well you're just a rebel, what with your cute late month antics.

Chris (JayJay)

My high school had about 300 students. It wasn't bad, everyone knew each other and news spread like wildfire.  doodhuh;

Feynman

It's everything like the movies. Lots of singing and dancing, the schools are perfect and clean, and every girl is beautiful.

Quote from: PARROTHEAD on July 30, 2009, 07:20:24 PM
My high school had about 300 students. It wasn't bad, everyone knew each other and news spread like wildfire.  doodhuh;

My high school has over 4,000 students. akudood;

Go Up