October 05, 2024, 03:47:02 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Bruno sucks.

Started by sans culottes, July 28, 2009, 03:07:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Do not waste money on this shitty disappointment.
I support BUSH

rdl

I don't know why anyone would go see that unless if they found the man funny.

Samus Aran

Yes, it really does. Hensa and I saw it basically just to see how bad/shocking it was.

It was a lot of both.

sans culottes

I didn't find it very shocking. Yeah, he does crazy things like putting a bottle up his ass and filming his penis spinning in circles (MEATSPIN, ANYONE?), but it's not really that disgusting. This was a complete failure for Cohen, but I'm sure he's smiling at the money he's making off of it. There were a few good moments (mainly the talk show scene and the ending) but it was otherwise not very funny at all. I like how the movie targetted homophobia and did so with an overtly annoying homosexual. A lot of people weren't pissed at Bruno because he's gay, they were pissed at him because he was an annoying dipshit.

I am so glad that I torrented this instead of paying to see it.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Not so much shocking as in "oh my god that was so disgusting," just shocking as in "what the christ?" and "how did someone find this suitable for consumption by anyone with a sane mind?"

Yeah.

sans culottes

You're right there. Cohen has always used a lot of shock humor, but this time the shock heavily outweighed the humor.

I'm sure a lot of Bruno was scripted. A lot of people were aware that Bruno was just an act, contrary to the strong reactions towards Borat.
I support BUSH

Nyerp

some parts were funny

Pyrate

Samus Aran

Geno

I still think Borat was really good.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

sans culottes

Quote from: Geno on July 28, 2009, 06:49:19 PM
I still think Borat was really good.

Borat was AWESOME.

It's a shame that Bruno sucked. Bruno was a very short movie (75 mins), yet only about fifteen of those were actually good.
I support BUSH

Pyrate

Feynman

The Ron Paul alone is worth the money.

sans culottes

Quote from: Bassir on July 29, 2009, 05:21:57 PM

I liked that cameo, but the scene wasn't very funny. Other than Straight Dave's and the talk show, the whole movie was boring and stupid.
I support BUSH

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Bassir on July 29, 2009, 05:21:57 PM
poor poor ron paul.

Also I hope you guys didn't expect this to be as big as borat, Bruno is obviously an underdeveloped character cohen brought back in order to make some money.

I still thought it was funny though.

Go Up