October 05, 2024, 04:18:25 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Good TV shows.

Started by snorkel, July 14, 2009, 01:46:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

What are some of your favorite TV shows? I'm speaking of well-thought-out dramas with real actors, not shitty fuck shows like Dancing with the Stars and shit.

Personally I haven't actually watched anything besides hockey on TV in many, many years (I just can't), but one of my last resorts to boredom is torrenting seasons of acclaimed shows.

Right now I'm halfway through the first season of Dexter, and it's excellent. It follows Michael C. Hall (of Six Feet Under fame) as he leads a double life as a serial killer and blood forensics expert. Good acting, and pretty fun to watch, I'd recommend it.

My other favorites are Six Feet Under and House.

The artist formally known

My girlfriend has been watching every episode of Dexter, she loves it but I've yet to see it.

I personally love Superjail! and Wondershowzen. Up there is Stella which I can't wait for Michael & Michael.

Hiro

I don't watch much TV, but I like The Office, Boston Legal (canceled ;_;), Pushing Daisies (damn you NBC, also canceled ;___;), Heroes (rofl), and.... idk

superclucky

Quote from: reefer on July 14, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
My girlfriend has been watching every episode of Dexter, she loves it but I've yet to see it.

I personally love Superjail! and Wondershowzen. Up there is Stella which I can't wait for Michael & Michael.
WE ARE THE SAME PERSON
kewns are smelly

Pyrate

Hiro

I've never seen Superjail
what's it like

Geno

CHUCK OH MY GOD
Thank god it got renewed for a third season  giggle;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Daphnia

Quote from: Hïro on July 14, 2009, 07:23:57 PM
I've never seen Superjail
what's it like

dumb

I watched the first half of the premiere. It's like a rip off of Adventure Time, but made by idiot crackheads.

rdl

July 14, 2009, 08:37:06 PM #8 Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:52:36 PM by RDX
Animaniacs, Darkwing Duck, Ducktales and Batman: The Animated Series were all good shows.

Lost was good for the first few seasons. Also Poirot was awesome but I haven't watched it in 3 or 4 years so maybe it isn't. I dunno, I don't watch a lot of TV.

(btw the bastards who made wipeout need to die).

oh arrested development is awesome.

l a c e y

MTV shows: The Hills, Laguna Beach, The X Effect, The Real World. Etc...
The OC.
House.
CSI.
Anything on the family channel: Hannah Montana, Suite Life Of Zach and Cody, The Weekenders, Recess, Cory In The House Etc...
Paradise Hotel.
Kenny Vs. Spenny.
Intervention.
Obessed.
Paranormal State.

These are the only ones I can really think of right now.

Travis

Quote from: laylay on July 14, 2009, 09:10:19 PM
MTV shows: The Hills, Laguna Beach, The X Effect, The Real World. Etc...
The OC.
House.
CSI.
Anything on the family channel: Hannah Montana, Suite Life Of Zach and Cody, The Weekenders, Recess, Cory In The House Etc...
Paradise Hotel.
Kenny Vs. Spenny.
Intervention.
Obessed.
Paranormal State.

These are the only ones I can really think of right now.

Many of those shows are utter shit

Hiro

Quote from: Trav on July 14, 2009, 09:16:14 PM
Many of those shows are utter shit
Everything but House

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

uh uh uh...

I can't think of any shows that I like with actors in it.

Commander Fuckass

Eastbound and Down
True Blood
Weeds
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Arrested Development
The entire series is on Hulu

Go Up