October 05, 2024, 03:52:23 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Practicing, Playing, Recording, and Performing Thread

Started by the shortest route to the sea, June 15, 2009, 04:29:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

What are you doing in the world of music? Did you spend 3 hours in the basement on the drum kit? Did you sing at a big concert in the school choir? Did you get thrown out of the house for playing violin too loudly? Did you win your school's battle of the bands? Post whatever you're doing in the performing or preparing of music here.

To start: I had my piano recital on Sunday, on five hours of sleep. There were fifteen kids and five older people before I played, which did not help my lack of sleep. I played Bach's Prelude and Fugue 2 in C minor...totally messed up the prelude, since I have no finger strength at all...but I aced the fugue, and got some sort of award for tackling something really difficult. I spent about...20 minutes today looking at Fugue 1 in C major...a four voicer. I'm on measure 6 with only two voices figured out so far. It's so hard  >.<

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Travis

marching band starts this summer but i may have to drop band class... that's about it  doodthing;

i play trumpet

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Pqqu on June 15, 2009, 04:29:50 PM
I spent about...20 minutes today looking at Fugue 1 in C major...a four voicer. I'm on measure 6 with only two voices figured out so far. It's so hard  >.<

SATB?
Pqqu, what section do you sing?
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

me003

I'm really hoping me and my friend could get a mixtape out by the end of this summer.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on June 17, 2009, 05:46:48 AM
SATB?
Pqqu, what section do you sing?

Oh no no no no, voice as in melodic line.

I haven't practiced in days, I need to work at this again.  >.<

I played the only full song I've ever written for the spiritual retreat I was at. I was so nervous, but I got a standing ovation. It was a coffee house cum charity auction, and so there was bidding on me writing a song for them from scratch. It went for $80.  >.<

So now I feel really pressured and I'm working on another song and it's really difficult to get it come together but I'm making all sorts of jazzy chords and things and I think it'll come through. The first song is interesting enough to be a piano solo, but this'll need to be a bit more orchestrated...eep!  doodthing;

snorkel

I play drums and sax for about 30 minutes each day because I enjoy them but I do not record very much or currently participate in any musical groups besides the one made up of myself

Samus Aran

I just play a little guitar every day, I hardly ever even actually sit down to "practice" much of anything, really. Just a hobby that I don't put much effort into.

Hiro

Selkie

I can play guitar, and play along to songs sometimes. I can also play drums, harmonica, and keyboard.

But I've come to the realization that I absolutely suck at making my own music. I just cannot fathom how all these people can create such catchy and beautiful melodies out of thin air, it's so foreign to me.

sans culottes

I play a little guitar, a play a little bass, I sing a little too. I'm competent enough to play bass in a band, my stage presence can make up for a lack of vocal talent, and with a little more practice I might be a competent rhythm guitarist. I'm not very talented - well, it's either that, or I have yet to motivate myself to reach my potential. I'm a bit of a poet and I can dance like a monkey on stage, so I'd definitely like to try out being a rock frontman. Shit would be tight.
I support BUSH

Roach

My band and I are are starting to work on recording demos.
There will always be a Moon over Marin.

burzumfan420

i play bass all day and now i am going to make  band with a friend hopefully

Houdini

Pretty much all I've done this summer has been music related. I've been practicing drums a lot, practicing bass less than I should, jamming with a few bands on drums and bass, and recording my own music.

Gigged at a bar in France, which may or may not sound more impressive than it is. People seemed to like it I guess.

I have the rest of August to finish one song's piano part, write other parts, record it, and then record an entirely different song. I probably won't get it done, but someone paid $80 to charity for me to do it so I guess I should.

I'm not playing nearly enough, so I'm gonna try to get 2 hours of piano in a day, and maybe some rudiments for drums for wrist strength.

Go Up