September 15, 2024, 09:05:38 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Metroid: Other M

Started by strongbad, June 02, 2009, 09:16:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

June 02, 2009, 09:16:02 PM Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:35:17 PM by reefer
This game angers me. Metroid games have always been about isolation. Retro Studios did an amazing job keeping that in mind when the series went 3D, but I feel like this is going to make Metroid just like every other action game out there, but people will buy it because it's made by Nintendo. I highly doubt that there will be any puzzle element what so ever, which will also anger me.

Share your thoughts  doodthing;

Please use the Wii message icon.

Hiro

Um, how can you tell that based on a teaser with about 8 seconds of gameplay  doodthing;
It looks pretty cool to me, kinda like what they did with Punch Out, but Metroid.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Tomboh

honesty i think it will be sub-par compared to other metroid games, but at least it will explain the story a little better

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on June 02, 2009, 09:18:58 PM
Um, how can you tell that based on a teaser with about 8 seconds of gameplay  doodthing;
It looks pretty cool to me, kinda like what they did with Punch Out, but Metroid.

1. There are other characters
2. Samus Talks
3. It looks like Ninja Gaiden with a Metroid Skin

Hiro

Quote from: Henry Hatsworth on June 02, 2009, 09:36:40 PM
1. There are other characters
2. Samus Talks
3. It looks like Ninja Gaiden with a Metroid Skin
There's been other characters in tons of metroid games
you have a point there, but i don't think that should effect the game too much
how so  baddood;

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on June 02, 2009, 09:38:47 PM
There's been other characters in tons of metroid games
you have a point there, but i don't think that should effect the game too much
how so  baddood;

You can't ignore the fact that it looks like an action game instead of an adventure game, which makes metroid just like any other action game.

thezerofire

it's made by team ninja. it's a third-person action game. of course it's going to be like ninja gaiden

The artist formally known

I'm happy it's not by Retro.

Infel

Quote from: Tomboh on June 02, 2009, 09:21:07 PM
honesty i think it will be sub-par compared to other metroid games, but at least it will explain the story a little better
No.

It will pull a Capcom and set it back to Square one by rerwriting plotholes which never existed in the first place in order to GET this fancy new look. That, and now she's more azn than ever to match the Dramaction bullshit of games like Ninja gaiden, or NNN, or DMC, with the same game mechanics.

We're seeing the same thing, with oddly familiar look.

The artist formally known

The story won't improve, Team Ninja doesn't care for story.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: reefer on June 02, 2009, 10:13:50 PM
I'm happy it's not by Retro.
Retro did metroid well dipshit.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

The Speaker Of Words

I think it looks like fun.

Placebo Headwound

It doesn't look bad.

I mean, it's still possible to have an action-filled Metroid game and still have plenty of exploration involved.

I am cautiously optimistic. baddood;

Claquesous

Looks awesome to me. Not gonna be butthurt about the how it lacks whatever makes Metroid, Metroid, or whatever excuse, because you can't tell anything from a trailer.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84739

Can't find the whole interview, I think it was on Kotaku or something, but

"We want to try and take the best of both. As you progress through the game, there will be more action-oriented, faster-paced sequences. But then you'll have your careful, exploratory parts of the story as well."

Go Up