October 04, 2024, 01:38:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Final Fantasy.

Started by Cookie, June 01, 2009, 10:28:46 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cookie

So yeah I played my first FF game about a month ago which was FFIV for GBA and fell in love with it. This past week I bought FFVIII which is also really good, but a lot different then FFIV. But now I'm looking at getting some more FF games. I'm thinking of getting maybe FF adventures for GB and maybe one of the remakes for DS? I also want to know if FFVII is worth the $70-$90 they sell it for. I hear some people love it then others say its over rated. So yeah anyone suggest some FF games to me? Also tell me why FFIV is all meidevil like and then the newer FF games are all futuristic with guns and shit. Oh also is there a FF timeline? Oh my many questions.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Placebo Headwound

June 01, 2009, 11:24:03 AM #2 Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:27:21 AM by Placebo Headwound
All the Final Fantasy games take place in different worlds, in no way related to the other games except for the name. There is no timeline.

Also, FF7 is overrated. FF9 is the best of the PSX FF's.

And yeah, pick up FF6 on the GBA. I haven't played it, but it's pretty highly regarded as the best of the 2D ones. Also, try to avoid FF3 on the DS. It's basically just all grinding. And the FF4 remake is the same but in 3D and with the original game's difficulty (much harder).

Geno

How have you gone this long without playing Final Fantasy?
Final Fantasy VI > Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy X > Final Fantasy XII > Final Fantasy IX
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Nyerp

Quote from: Geno on June 01, 2009, 12:28:12 PM
How have you gone this long without playing Final Fantasy?
Final Fantasy VI > Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy X > Final Fantasy XII > Final Fantasy IX

do not listen to geno

Geno

geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Dullahan

Cookie

So the majority of you say FFVI is good, I think that will be my next one. I think I will get it for PS1 just so I can get FFV with it too. I'm still thinking about FFVII if I can find it cheap.

Samus Aran

VII is a great game, yes, but I really don't know for certain if it's worth the +$70. I still like VI more than VII, but I can't honestly deny the fact that VII is a fucking awesome game, even if it is overrated as hell.

I think you should get VI first, definitely. 

Geno

Quote from: Cookie on June 01, 2009, 03:48:34 PM
So the majority of you say FFVI is good, I think that will be my next one. I think I will get it for PS1 just so I can get FFV with it too. I'm still thinking about FFVII if I can find it cheap.
It's not on the PS1
Just get the GBA port that was released last year

rdl

9 and 6 are the best. 7 is just ok, since it borrows heavily from 6. FF3DS is ok, and FFIVDS looks pretty good but I've never played it.

8 is my definition of ok. It was a good game but it was lacking something.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Geno on June 01, 2009, 04:40:29 PM
It's not on the PS1
Just get the GBA port that was released last year

Yes it is. It's part of Final Fantasy Chronicles or whatever. It has loading times though, so that's the downside to owning it that way.

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on June 01, 2009, 05:37:12 PM
Yes it is. It's part of Final Fantasy Chronicles or whatever. It has loading times though, so that's the downside to owning it that way.
oh I see

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on June 01, 2009, 05:37:12 PM

FFC is CT+ FFIV. FF Anthology is FFV + FFVI. baddood;

Commander Fuckass

Speaking of Final Fantasy VII, its on the PSN now  n_u
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up