September 28, 2024, 07:28:21 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Atheist meets GOD!!!

Started by Josh, May 22, 2009, 03:25:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

May 22, 2009, 03:25:07 PM Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:51:00 PM by Josh
I found this at random. You may have seen this, may not have. Either way I wanted you fellas at Boyah to see.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urlTBBKTO68&feature=channel[/youtube]

Veal

Wow. God's an idiot! I can't believe no one's ever showed me actual footage of him talking before. He doesn't even know what he's saying!

I'm totally done with this whole religion thing.

Oh

Quote from: Veal on May 22, 2009, 05:08:57 PM
Wow. God's an idiot! I can't believe no one's ever showed me actual footage of him talking before. He doesn't even know what he's saying!

I still don't understand how people still believe in fairy tales.

Slim

Seen it before. I have access to youtube too, thank you very much.

Quote from: Veal on May 22, 2009, 05:08:57 PMGod's an idiot!

In the fundamentalist Christian view of God, the kind that's depicted in the video, He is quite the idiot indeed.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 07, 2011, 04:05:09 PM
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Josh

Quote from: Slim on May 22, 2009, 07:50:27 PM
Seen it before. I have access to youtube too, thank you very much.

In the fundamentalist Christian view of God, the kind that's depicted in the video, He is quite the idiot indeed.
Why thank you for gracing my thread with your presense Slim. Let me be the first to say that your sarcasm lobe is functioning perfectly and your douche level is over 9,000.  doodhuh;

Classic

Quote from: Veal on May 22, 2009, 05:08:57 PM

I'm glad you've seen the light.  giggle;

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: Josh on May 22, 2009, 08:08:16 PM
Why thank you for gracing my thread with your presense Slim. Let me be the first to say that your sarcasm lobe is functioning perfectly and your douche level is over 9,000.  doodhuh;
ban
:)

Slim

I love it when you post about me.
Hey look I'm Slim and I act like an asshole because it makes me cool! Right guys?

Veal

Quote from: Slim on May 22, 2009, 07:50:27 PM

God couldn't even back up our own beliefs, unlike most fundamental Christians, despite him being ALL KNOWING. Fundamental Christians don't view God as not knowing what he's doing, this is the Atheist view of God being depicted.

I could make a video about me having an argument with an atheist and just script it so that the atheist just changes the subject and says "uh" a lot too.

Slim

Quote from: Veal on May 23, 2009, 12:11:36 AM
God couldn't even back up our own beliefs, unlike most fundamental Christians, despite him being ALL KNOWING. Fundamental Christians don't view God as not knowing what he's doing, this is the Atheist view of God being depicted.

I think the point of the video is to show how absurd it would be for God to agree with the doctrines espoused by fundamentalist Christians. It seems to me that everything God said in the video was pretty in-line with that viewpoint, although the intention was obviously to point out its flaws.

QuoteI could make a video about me having an argument with an atheist and just script it so that the atheist just changes the subject and says "uh" a lot too.

have at it, man

Nyerp

Bolivian Army

Slim will be your last line of defense when people start calling you on your anti-religious idiocy.  baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Veal

Quote from: Slim on May 23, 2009, 02:54:55 AM
I think the point of the video is to show how absurd it would be for God to agree with the doctrines espoused by fundamentalist Christians.

Except it doesn't do that because it doesn't even have all the defending arguments against what he's saying. All he does is lay out the basic feelings atheists have towards Christian views, if atheists were totally ignorant of what they other side even thought or why they believed what they believed, which I guess is pretty accurate since most atheists seem to be.

It shows a God who agrees with the doctrines of fundamentalist Christians but knows no more about it than human Christians do. An eternal all-knowing all-powerful God who gets all flustered over it, as though this is the first atheist he's ever encountered.

Quote from: Slim on May 23, 2009, 02:54:55 AM
have at it, man

No thanks, my videos are intentionally stupid.

Slim

Quote from: Veal on May 23, 2009, 10:18:24 AM
Except it doesn't do that because it doesn't even have all the defending arguments against what he's saying. All he does is lay out the basic feelings atheists have towards Christian views, if atheists were totally ignorant of what they other side even thought or why they believed what they believed, which I guess is pretty accurate since most atheists seem to be.

It shows a God who agrees with the doctrines of fundamentalist Christians but knows no more about it than human Christians do. An eternal all-knowing all-powerful God who gets all flustered over it, as though this is the first atheist he's ever encountered.

You're going to have to be more specific. What exactly did God say in the video that you feel was a misrepresentation? The idea is that the views of fundamentalist Christianity are so silly and nonsensical that not even God can adequately defend them, hence why I said that the intention of the video is obviously to point out their flaws.

And yeah, it's just a 5-minute long satire video that's supposed to elicit a few laughs; it's not really meant to provide sophisticated refutations.

QuoteNo thanks, my videos are intentionally stupid.

give me the link to your youtube account so i can make fun of them.

YPrrrr

Boring. I want some Vishnu bashing athiests

Go Up