September 29, 2024, 11:22:23 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

do you drank coffee

Started by snorkel, May 20, 2009, 07:25:30 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Just had some to stay up writing this paper. First cup was great, milk and sugar. Second cup was bad, coffee + diet coke.

Never mix coffee and diet coke.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Mettalik

I like drinking little half&half creamer shots  giggle;

Zach

Everytime I've tried to start drinking coffee I had to stop for my own sanity.

snorkel

Quote from: CutLess on May 20, 2009, 06:36:01 PM
I don't drink coffee.

Before reading this thread, I would only drink coffee for its positive mood altering effects, but if dependency can get as bad as Snorkel's, then I don't think I'll ever drink it.

<self-advertising>
On a side note, I actually performed a study on coffee's (technically, caffeine's) effect on cognitive functioning, and I found that it didn't make a bit of difference (at least, not with the students at my school).  You can check out the paper in all of its crappiness here.
</self-advertising>

"Dependency" is when your every thought concerns the question "how do I get more;" although my condition sometimes presents with pain, pain does not imply dependence, and we're talking about caffeine here, not heroin. it's not like any day I skip the morning quadruple espresso is comprised entirely of delusional convulsions and cravings

Your research doesn't appear to consider things like the subject's mass, age, or livelihood in relation to the amount of caffeine in milligrams consumed (which was never even mentioned), and also uses "coffee" (never specifically identified) as a means of administration... you'd have been wiser to administer it in 250mg pill samples or a water solution

I don't know about "cognitive functioning" but I'm pretty sure no one's arguing that it does the same thing any stimulant does

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: wziard on May 20, 2009, 07:25:30 AM
I've gotten to the point where until I have some in the morning (or take caffeine pills), I feel like have a horrible flu or something
Same.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Lwar on May 20, 2009, 01:50:24 PM
wter + coffee + some sugar, not really. Also, just got back from starbucks.  bassir;
I add way too much sugar all the time, then it's still nasty so I add cream but my cup is too full from the sugar and it's hot so I have to wait awhile before I drink it, then it's just nasty cold bean water.

CutLess

Quote from: wziard on May 20, 2009, 10:01:58 PM
"Dependency" is when your every thought concerns the question "how do I get more;" although my condition sometimes presents with pain, pain does not imply dependence, and we're talking about caffeine here, not heroin. it's not like any day I skip the morning quadruple espresso is comprised entirely of delusional convulsions and cravings

Oh, I realize that.  I was simply trying to express my disinterest in pain that I could avoid without major negative consequences.

Your research doesn't appear to consider things like the subject's mass, age, or livelihood in relation to the amount of caffeine in milligrams consumed (which was never even mentioned)

I completely agree with you.  My partner and I actually planned on taking all of those things into account, but given our time constraints (about 6 major testing sessions) and our subjects' needs, we had to take away lots of things.  If we actually did choose to be more comprehensive, we'd have much less samples, which would take away from conclusiveness.

You'd have been wiser to administer it in 250mg pill samples

Like stated before, we actually did want to try that.  The problem was that we weren't sure of the safety of using caffeine pills.  My advisor was annoyingly strict about subject safety, so instead of spending time fighting for the ability to use the pills, we just chose coffee.

My partner pretty much summed up our experiment as "... a shitty alternative to what could have been a very thorough study."

l a c e y

Quote from: Mettalik on May 20, 2009, 09:48:55 PM
I like drinking little half&half creamer shots  giggle;

those things smell and taste terrible.

Claquesous

Nope. Pretty much so I won't get addicted to caffeine. I do drink tea though, but not every day, and certainly don't need it in order to get my day started.

Mettalik

Quote from: laylay on May 21, 2009, 01:30:15 PM
those things smell and taste terrible.

it was like super sugary milk!

don't let's

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I used to work for a residential painting company during summers and I'd guzzle gallons of heavily caffeinated beverages. I started trying red bull and all that other energy shit, but found the crashes towards the end of the day unbearable.

I could certainly notice days I didn't indulge. I'd be sluggish and a little fuzzy, as if I'd only gotten a few hours of shut eye(s).

Naturally I associated it with my intake and gradually cut it down to managable levels.

I do know people who do get exceptionally mushy when they dont have their two (or five) morning cups.

I suppose I can relate on a minor level then.

[hedy]Zidone

yeah man

Though I don't seem to have any kind of addiction, I'm just tireder than usual if I skip it.

my stomach is also a lot happier when i do akudood;

Go Up