And this is partially why I view religion as a bad thing

Started by Daddy, May 18, 2009, 01:55:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:25:39 PM
nice you guys just got burned by wikipedia
or jusst facts

Quotealso the people i've asked irl were all methodists except for two mormons. people online i'm not so sure about. one of them was vermanubis ;__;
and they all said they don't know?

Quoteat this point i dont care which sect i get the answer from i just want to know if anyone knows how to solve this dilemma i have in understanding why jesus would die for everyone's sins.
the idea is that god loves us all and sent his only son to die for our sins.
but that just begs why god would curse humanity with sin
why he couldn't just forgive without the sacrifice
why he would create in the first place

rdl

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on June 05, 2009, 07:32:43 PM
or jusst facts

About as factual as blind faith.

Quoteand they all said they don't know?

Funnyish story, actually. Vermanubis told me that if Hitler repented enough God would forgive him. I said "wut that's a little too much repentance". One of the mormons told me to go to temple, and the other said "cause the bible said so!" and then started freaking out about how it didn't make sense for the universe to have been created from the explosion of a pearl(he was attempting to talk about the big bang). and the rest mostly changed the subject, though a few tried at first and then gave up after I said, "but that still doesn't make sense".
Quote-the idea is that god loves us all and sent his only son to die for our sins.
-but that just begs why god would curse humanity with sin
-why he couldn't just forgive without the sacrifice
-why he would create in the first place
-actually i've heard that jesus was actually god incarnate but he's also god's son so maybe jesus's body is god's son but god inhabited the body to help with the miracle making
-because if there was no sin then why strive for paradise?
-cuz old testament god was angry rawwwr or maybe the jews were just jerks like the bible and quran say they were
-shut up emo kid

Det in F♯ Major

i don't know why you brought up that wikipedia thing, it's not even what i was saying
i never said i had faith because the bible said so
i have faith because i want to have it

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:12:05 PM
If Jesus died for everyone's sins, why do the rules set in the Bible matter? Couldn't I go around fornicating and butsexing everyone I see and then repent and then go to Heaven regardless?

uh are you truly sorry for your sins?
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

rdl

Yes I was merely a young horny man who liked to experiment with my fellow peers' buttholes

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:44:57 PM
Yes I was merely a young horny man who liked to experiment with my fellow peers' buttholes

So you are truly ashamed of what you did and want to be forgiven and want a clear conscious from it? And you will never do it again?
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:39:52 PM
About as factual as blind faith.
uh i don't see anything "in blind faith" about pointing out logical fallacies.

QuoteFunny story, actually. Vermanubis told me that if Hitler repented enough God would forgive him.
He's Catholic I think. That'd also make sense since he's from Massachusetts and New England has a lot of Catholics.

QuoteOne of the mormons told me to go to temple, and the other said "cause the bible said so!"
Mormons are idiots.

Quoteand then started freaking out about how it didn't make sense for the universe to have been created from the explosion of a pearl(he was attempting to talk about the big bang).
Idiots who don't understand anything.

Quoteand the rest mostly changed the subject, though a few tried at first and then gave up after I said, "but that still doesn't make sense".
They sound boring.

Quote-actually i've heard that jesus was actually god incarnate but he's also god's son so maybe jesus's body is god's son but god inhabited the body to help with the miracle making
once again depending on the sect

Quote-because if there was no sin then why strive for paradise?
god created man without sin.

Quote-cuz old testament god was angry rawwwr or maybe the jews were just jerks like the bible and quran say they were
and have big noses
-shut up emo kid
emo;

but also remember that argument to me is like saying 'why do unicorns wear red shoes'
Quote from: Det in Fââ,,¢Â¯ Major on June 05, 2009, 07:40:59 PM
i don't know why you brought up that wikipedia thing, it's not even what i was saying
because it's generally the argument used, hence it even being the example in the article

Quotei never said i had faith because the bible said so
i have faith because i want to have it

that isn't evidence or proof though. you can believe what you want but it doesn't make it factual.
i want to believe i can go faster than light but it doesn't make it true
Quoteuh are you truly sorry for your sins?
no akudood;

rdl

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on June 05, 2009, 07:48:17 PM
uh adam and eve?
adam and lillith.

yes adam and eve were created without sin according to christian doctrine

Quoteanyways i need to go pray to God see you later n_u
how many times didy ou do it today

guff

i think i'm in the position of disagreeing with both sides here  akudood;

except i don't actually know what you guys are talking about now  akudood;

Daddy

Quote from: guff on June 05, 2009, 09:16:44 PM
i think i'm in the position of disagreeing with both sides here  akudood;

except i don't actually know what you guys are talking about now  akudood;
just agree with me i'm right guff

rdl

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on June 05, 2009, 07:52:17 PM
adam and lillith.

yes adam and eve were created without sin according to christian doctrine
i guess you're right. that's odd, i thought all prophet stories in the bible and the quran were the same with the exception of job and all of the ones in the quran that arent in the bible

Quotehow many times didy ou do it today
4/5. I never do the fifth one. I just can't seem to make it a habit. One of these days...

guff

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on June 05, 2009, 09:29:52 PM
just agree with me i'm right guff
you are too combative and hostile  akudood;

hell i'm just as much of an atheist but i can say things like "oh god lol" without having to point out that there is no god in fact i bet i believe in god even less than you do punk akudood;

Daddy

Quote from: guff on June 05, 2009, 09:56:18 PM
you are too combative and hostile  akudood;

hell i'm just as much of an atheist but i can say things like "oh god lol" without having to point out that there is no god in fact i bet i believe in god even less than you do punk akudood;
well you need to get throuh the circular reasoning.

i say oh god lol all the time without saying there is no god because god doesn't lol  akudood;
oh yeah i believe in god the leastest

guff

Quote from: Crazy Fucking Raccoon on June 05, 2009, 09:58:16 PM
well you need to get throuh the circular reasoning.

i say oh god lol all the time without saying there is no god because god doesn't lol  akudood;
oh yeah i believe in god the leastest
by antagonizing them well how has that been working for you jim  akudood;

yeah well when i eat breakfast i think about how much god doesn't exist  akudood;

Daddy

Quote from: guff on June 05, 2009, 10:08:24 PM
by antagonizing them well how has that been working for you jim  akudood;
very well akudood;

yeah well when i eat breakfast i think about how much god doesn't exist  akudood;
i don't believe so hard that i can make other things not exist  akudood;

Go Up