July 15, 2024, 10:20:31 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm enjoying wal-mart's selection in CD's

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, May 07, 2009, 06:30:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

May 07, 2009, 06:30:25 AM Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:32:46 PM by reefer
Living in a small town, you can barely get some decent purchases. The only place that you can get CD's around here is Wal-Mart (you could drive to greeneville, but that's like an hour away, and the good record shops are always hard to find.) However, while perusing the cd aisle I found some pretty cool ones.

Highway 61 revisited - Bob Dylan (11$, not bad)
O.K. Computer - Radiohead (9$, still not bad)
Binaural - Pearl Jam (5$, a fucking steal)

I've been listening to O.K. Computer in the car, and it's great. So are the other two, but I've spent more time with the Radiohead.

Fitter Happier is awesome.

anyways, discuss surprising finds of music or movies or whatever.

Please use the Music message icon.

Hiro

Yeah seriously, they had caesars at walmart goonish

strongbad

Hiro

He never even said that word you fuckwads

Selkie

....Really?

Wal Marts CD selection is absolute shit...all they have is the most mainstream music imaginable.

I've found FYE has probably the best selection. Or best Buy, depending on the location. One Best Buy by me has an amazing selection while the other is horrible.

I still prefer Half.com over any store though.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Selkie on May 07, 2009, 03:50:09 PM
....Really?

Wal Marts CD selection is absolute shit...all they have is the most mainstream music imaginable.

I've found FYE has probably the best selection. Or best Buy, depending on the location. One Best Buy by me has an amazing selection while the other is horrible.

I still prefer Half.com over any store though.

Don't get me wrong, a majority of it is complete shit. You'll still find some good stuff though. Best Buy is the best chain store to get music, but even they don't carry some albums and some artist's altogether get left out.

But, I've been looking and wal-mart has a pretty good selection (mine has the beatles white album, which will be my next purchase probably). It's at least worth a shot to go and browse through. Mine has a bunch of Simon and Garfunkle live performances and I think all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums.

Wrench

I only don't like how they censor CDs. They have a decent selection though.

Selkie

Quote from: UnSid on May 08, 2009, 06:44:38 AM
Don't get me wrong, a majority of it is complete shit. You'll still find some good stuff though. Best Buy is the best chain store to get music, but even they don't carry some albums and some artist's altogether get left out.

But, I've been looking and wal-mart has a pretty good selection (mine has the beatles white album, which will be my next purchase probably). It's at least worth a shot to go and browse through. Mine has a bunch of Simon and Garfunkle live performances and I think all of Led Zeppelin's studio albums.

well yea, those are incredibly mainstream

If you are looking for anything slightly less popular than normal, chances are Wal Mart doesn't have it.

sans culottes

A lot of the greatest music ever created is considered mainstream.
I support BUSH

Houdini

I have never been to Walmart and I hope to keep it that way. If there is a locally owned and operated record store in your area, support the hell out of it. Otherwise, just order everything from Amazon.

Samus Aran

Uh, Wal-Mart has a terrible selection, I dunno what you're talking about. I just buy all my music online. There's really no better way to get it around here...but when I'm in California I buy from Dimple Records stores all the time.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Hïro on May 13, 2009, 08:35:35 PM
O_0
I've never been to one either.

But then again, I'm pretty sure there aren't any in NYC. n_u

Classic

Quote from: Hïro on May 13, 2009, 08:35:35 PM
O_0

It's because they have everything better.

All we have in the south is Wal Mart. :[

Go Up