July 20, 2024, 05:22:50 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How do I go about modding a PSP?

Started by strongbad, May 01, 2009, 03:23:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Somebody on craigslist is offering me a PSP for my Zune. I asked him what firmware and hardware it was and he said, "PSP 1001 Firware 5.50 if you need you can down grade it. 3 games, charger, 512mb card"

So (assuming that one person here has some experience) if I were to buy this PSP, what would I have to do so I could start running "back-ups" on it? Do I need to downgrade the firmware or buy a special battery?

ME##

I think Lumines and some copies of Grand Theft Auto Liberty City stories have a glitch in them and you can use to downgrade to a 1.xx firmware and then go from there, but idk.

KonohaShinobi

I hear it's a bitch to mod a PSP to play pirated games or use homebrew apps or whatever, when the DS makes it so simple with the use of a flashcart and microSD card to just drag and drop whatever you want.

From my understanding, you need some Pandora battery or something to downgrade your firmware. You could try googling some PSP mod sites for a tutorial, GBAtemp has a board with a bunch of tuts on PSP modding, you could start there.

strongbad

Yeah I made a topic on the GBAtemp PSP board before I made this topic.
Kono link me to your profile on GBAtemp I didn't know that you were a member :o

Go Up