July 15, 2024, 07:01:22 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

audiophilic experience

Started by snorkel, April 21, 2009, 08:28:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

As I've mentioned in other posts, I've recently purchased some Grado SR60 headphones, widely regarded as the absolute best full-size headphones available without spending hundreds of dollars. I must say, they make even 128kbps mp3's sound great.

BUT, that is not what I wanted to say.

What I wanted to describe it my incredible experience, in which I put Murder By Death's Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them (one of my all-time favorite albums) on my record player (I have it in vinyl), and plugged my SR60's into it.

WOW.

Now I see why there's so much enthusiasm for FLAC and other lossless formats in the audio community... listening to uncompressed music on amazing speakers or headphones is just a totally different experience. It also probably helps that I've got an all-analog setup -- needle on the vinyl straight to the headphones. NO DIGITAL DEVILRY INVOLVED

I'd highly recommend everyone who loves music:

a) gets a pair of Grado SR60. they're like $40-50 on eBay, and the only headphones you'll ever need.
b) start downloading music in lossless formats. If you have a mac, there's a great app called Fluke that imports them easily to iTunes and converts to Apple lossless.

c) buy more vinyls  n_u

LCK

i love who whill survive and what will be left of them

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Compliment it with some incense and a mind altering substance and you have a true experience.

me003

April 21, 2009, 09:26:01 PM #3 Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:29:22 PM by Methree
I just bought Prefuse 73's new album on vinyl and it's playing right now. Oh  hold on.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Houdini

I really wish my Grados weren't broken.

Placebo Headwound

I need new headphones so I might go and check these out tomorrow.

Are they really that good?

superclucky

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on April 26, 2009, 07:12:13 PM
I need new headphones so I might go and check these out tomorrow.

Are they really that good?
srsly
I want to know also, as I've also broke all my earphones and want headphones now.
kewns are smelly

Andrew1911

I really need new headphones.  >.<

Go Up