September 17, 2024, 12:59:46 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Eddie fucking Vedder...

Started by Josh, April 17, 2009, 06:53:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Josh

sans culottes

He has a good voice and I like Pearl Jam but otherwise, I don't like him.
I support BUSH

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Josh

Dullahan

Zach

Quote from: Corporal Clegg on April 18, 2009, 10:25:24 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zal4Oj8fhX8[/youtube]

Guy's a tool.

You shut your goddamned mouth.  Q('_' Q)

Pearl Jam is my favorite band of all time, so I'm naturally going to have to agree with the OP.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Zach on April 21, 2009, 08:37:52 PM
You shut your goddamned mouth.  Q('_' Q)

Pearl Jam is my favorite band of all time, so I'm naturally going to have to agree with the OP.

They're certainly nothing spectacular. I'd go as far as to say they're nothing but sub-par fm staples, but that's my opinion.

Their music has plenty of hooks, but what good are hooks when there's no line to reel you in?

Eh?

oah.

Eh.

Zach

Have you ever listened to anything of theirs besides Ten? Sure, you can say that kind of stuff about Even Flow, Jeremy, Alive, and Black, songs like that. Throw in Daughter off of Vs. and Given to Fly from Yield. But they've got a lot of great, original music. Outstanding musicianship.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I dont see the draw.

I tried.

I own no code and binaural as well, which is all fine and good in tiny doses, but it ends up feeling flat in the long run.

I've just never been a fan.

Zach

That's cool. I guess that not everyone is going to enjoy the music.

Houdini

Pearl Jam is okay, but I've never really understood why they're so popular. Their songs just aren't that great.

Zach

All their popular songs are their earliest work - I think that their songwriting really matured as the band aged and faded from mainstream popularity.

sans culottes

Quote from: Zach on April 22, 2009, 08:08:52 PM
All their popular songs are their earliest work - I think that their songwriting really matured as the band aged and faded from mainstream popularity.

Their earliest work was their best. After Vitalogy they became really, really boring.
I support BUSH

Go Up