October 06, 2024, 10:28:08 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Beatles Rock Band

Started by Hiro, April 14, 2009, 08:28:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Will you get it?

I'll be there at midnight!
4 (44.4%)
nah dude da beetelz suk I lik solja boi
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on April 20, 2009, 06:03:17 AM
Sir, I think you have misinterpreted their statements. wariodood;

Unless you happen to know a Beatles song that would be hard to play in Rock Band.

...I do NOT know a Beatles song that would be hard...

Geno

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 21, 2009, 07:37:53 PM
OH GOD THEY'RE GOING TO ADD A PURPLE FRET TO MAKE IT HARDER
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: Geno on April 21, 2009, 07:39:37 PM
OH GOD THEY'RE GOING TO ADD A PURPLE FRET TO MAKE IT HARDER

So, in other words, they're going to "attempt" to make it more like a real guitar to give those with no musical talent some hope?

l a c e y

FML
at least it's much much better then metallica.

Geno

Quote from: lacette on April 22, 2009, 11:14:21 AM
FML
at least it's much much better then metallica.
God you have awful taste in music
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Zach

Geno

Quote from: Zach on April 22, 2009, 01:31:24 PM
Says the metal fan.
uh I don't like the Metal genre entirely. Most of it is shit.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

The only REALLY talented musician in the band was George, the other two could write songs and sing.

also ringo did some stuff. Kinda.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on April 21, 2009, 07:37:53 PM

Maybe Helter Skelter.

Maybe.

Of course there's going to be the day tripper riff.

They could tool in the acoustic part from here comes the sun.

Early shit's going to be pretty easy.

It'd be awesome if they put in Besame Mucho. That might take a little more effort.

I haven't played a guitar hero game in years, and I cant say I'm willing to invest in this, despite my fervent affection towards the band. My roomate has a wii, so maybe he'll get it.

l a c e y

Samus Aran

Quote from: UnSid on April 23, 2009, 07:07:04 AM
The only REALLY talented musician in the band was George, the other two could write songs and sing.

also ringo did some stuff. Kinda.

...George, John, and Paul all played guitar, interchangeably, and were all fantastic at it. Furthermore, John and Paul were fucking amazing vocalists, and you can't say their songwriting isn't "talent" either. Not to mention Paul was a fucking great bassist, plus John could play some mighty fine chops on the bass every once in a while too if needed.

Hell, one of them could even drum, as evidenced by the fact the two of them recorded "The Ballad of John and Yoko" by themselves.

Ringo may be the one who did the least, but his drumming is a signature sound in itself, and he wrote "Octopus' Garden."

All of the Beatles were amazingly talented at pretty much everything they tried. Yes, George had a sitar he could play barely good enough to throw into a pop song (he was actually terrible at it compared to who taught him to play the damn thing). Yes, George played a lot of guitar. Yes, George wrote a couple of their better songs (which are all still worse than John and Paul's best songs). But George was not the only "really talented" Beatle and I suggest you do your research next time.

LCK

Quote from: Zach on April 22, 2009, 01:31:24 PM
Says the metal fan.
Stop talking you ignorant piece of shit.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Kaz on April 24, 2009, 10:08:39 PM
...George, John, and Paul all played guitar, interchangeably, and were all fantastic at it.

All being "fantastic" is an overstatement. John and Paul could play, but it was George who was the best in the band and could outplay BOTH of them.

Furthermore, John and Paul were fucking amazing vocalists,

This is true, though George was no pushover either.

and you can't say their songwriting isn't "talent" either.

Songwriting isn't that big of a deal when you play Rock Band

Not to mention Paul was a fucking great bassist, plus John could play some mighty fine chops on the bass every once in a while too if needed.

Cool, so my friend can do something while I play.

Hell, one of them could even drum, as evidenced by the fact the two of them recorded "The Ballad of John and Yoko" by themselves.

Yeah, but it was incredibly frustrating for them.

Ringo may be the one who did the least, but his drumming is a signature sound in itself,

true

and he wrote "Octopus' Garden."

No one cares about "Octopus' Garden" except Ringo

All of the Beatles were amazingly talented at pretty much everything they tried.

*coughringo'ssolocareercough*

Yes, George had a sitar he could play barely good enough to throw into a pop song (he was actually terrible at it compared to who taught him to play the damn thing).
"Barely good" is an achievement with the sitar. What unconventional instrument's did McCartney use? A ukulele? big woop. George would at least go out of the box. In fact, George bought a Moog synth and used it on Abbey Road. That was one of the most memorable times a synth had been used, and almost the first for a major recording (I think the Beach Boys did it first.)

Yes, George played a lot of guitar. Yes, George wrote a couple of their better songs (which are all still worse than John and Paul's best songs).
But are still listenable and enjoyable and should not be shrugged off because John and Paul wrote some fantastic stuff

But George was not the only "really talented" Beatle and I suggest you do your research next time.
You would have more fun playing George's guitar parts than Paul and John. That's all I meant. I could've changed the wording a bit.

Travis

Quote from: Geno on April 22, 2009, 01:09:10 PM
God you have awful taste in music
wat

if you're really saying metallica is better than the beatles, then idk what's wrong with you

but if you mean game-wise, then yeah metallica makes a better game

Go Up