October 06, 2024, 08:06:34 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sega Dreamcast

Started by Hiro, April 06, 2009, 10:33:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Should I get one?

Sweet lord yes ;__;
7 (87.5%)
What would be the point?
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Hiro

I was at this awesome used books/music/videogames store today, and they have a few Dreamcasts for only $30, and they sell a lot of games & accessories for cheap as well. I really want one, so I thought I would get that if I don't find anything better. Good idea? Also, what games should I get for it?

Skylark

You were at Bookmans today and you saw a Sega Dreamcast.

Buy it!
the book of right on

Hiro

Yeah, I was just trying to be more informative. I think maybe I'll go get it on friday or something.

Samus Aran

There's really not that many good games for it. But sure, go ahead if you want.

Jet Grind Radio
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Shenmue (hit or miss, maybe you'll like it)
Grandia 2

Uh that's all I can think of for exclusives, and even then some of these may not be exclusive. I don't remember all that well.

As for good games that aren't exclusive or have better re-makes:

Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Sonic Adventure 2
Dead or Alive 2
Skies of Arcadia
Phantasy Star Online (at least I think this was re-released)
Crazy Taxi

There's more but I can't remember them very well. Even then, not all of these games are all that good. To be honest the only DC game I own that I actually got addicted to for a while was Jet Grind Radio.

Hiro

I LOVE MARVEL VS CAPCOM

NOA_Haunted

I have 2 and love them both, but for me it's hard to find good Dreamcast games to buy.

Cookie

I have a Dreamcast and Marvel vs. Capcom 2. >.<

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hïro on April 07, 2009, 07:42:26 AM
I LOVE MARVEL VS CAPCOM
Marvel vs Capcom 2 was for the PS2 as well

Hiro

I was looking on metacritic today, There's a decent amount of cool games. And It's really cheap

Geno

Quote from: Kaz on April 07, 2009, 03:14:14 AM
There's really not that many good games for it. But sure, go ahead if you want.

Jet Grind Radio
Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Power Stone
Power Stone 2
Sonic Adventure
Soul Calibur
Shenmue (hit or miss, maybe you'll like it)
Grandia 2

Uh that's all I can think of for exclusives, and even then some of these may not be exclusive. I don't remember all that well.

As for good games that aren't exclusive or have better re-makes:

Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Sonic Adventure 2
Dead or Alive 2
Skies of Arcadia
Phantasy Star Online (at least I think this was re-released)
Crazy Taxi

There's more but I can't remember them very well. Even then, not all of these games are all that good. To be honest the only DC game I own that I actually got addicted to for a while was Jet Grind Radio.
Sonic Adventure has a remake too  baddood;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Classic

SPACE CHANNEL 5---A DUH.

Also, don't waste your money on Sonic Adventure 2. Only go for the first one.

Geno

Quote from: ACTION BASTARD! on April 07, 2009, 07:16:04 PM
SPACE CHANNEL 5---A DUH.

Sonic Adventure 2 was waaay better  baddood;
If you excuse the crappy new characters
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Classic

Quote from: Geno on April 07, 2009, 07:19:17 PM
Sonic Adventure 2 was waaay better  baddood;
If you excuse the crappy new characters

No, if you remember, Boyah has said #2 sucked a whole lot of terrible and that #1 was better.

The only better thing about it was the Chao garden, and that was fun for a week.

Geno

Quote from: ACTION BASTARD! on April 07, 2009, 07:20:56 PM
No, if you remember, Boyah has said #2 sucked a whole lot of terrible and that #1 was better.

The only better thing about it was the Chao garden, and that was fun for a week.
Chao Garden still is fun for me  hocuspocus;

I REMEMBER GETTING SO PISSED WHEN I HAD LEVEL 99 ON ALL STATS ON ONE OF MY CHAOS AND IT RESET TO A BABY
SESGWEGEG

Hiro

Quote from: ACTION BASTARD! on April 07, 2009, 07:16:04 PM
SPACE CHANNEL 5---A DUH.

I already have SADX on gamecube, but I don't have SA2.
Plus the Chao Garden on 2 is WAAAAAAY better.

Go Up