September 15, 2024, 09:20:01 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games with great atmosphere

Started by Claquesous, April 04, 2009, 06:43:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Bioshock, and I do not know how no one has mentioned this yet, DEAD-FUCKING-SPACE

Thyme

Quote from: David on April 04, 2009, 09:26:19 PM
I loved the atmosphere of Fallout 3.

I agree with this young sir. hocuspocus;

The isolation from the outside world in the intro, then the blinding light and the scenic view of the Capital Wasteland when you escape the Vault... that was really well-played. After that there's the feeling of loneliness in this huge, destroyed world. It even affords to be scary at times, in the metro tunnels and places like that. Not "AAAAAA" scary, just "anxious" scary.

ALSO

Dragon Quest VIII. I know it's really lame to say things like that, but when I hear classical music I immediately think about this game. Its musical score is not the kind of music I'd listen to on an MP3 player, but on the game's atmosphere it has such a DAMN. GREAT. Effect. The art direction is pretty awesome too.

Shadow of the Colossus, as mentionned previously. The nature, the loneliness, the weird pinch of sorrow you get when you defeat a boss.

Skylark

I guess I liked the atmopshere in Fallout 3 but I was scared the entire time. I think Oblivion was really beautiful but enjoyed the people and vegetation (and creatures) more in Morrowind. Majora's Mask as was previously mentioned. Bioshock was terrifying but I agree with that was well.
the book of right on

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hiro

Quote from: Geno on April 05, 2009, 03:55:28 AM
Not really. You just aren't used to it because you only have a Wii
I seriously have no idea what that has to do with anything.
I've played PS3 and 360 games before.  doodthing;
Uncharted, however, has very slippery controls, and having a Wii has nothing to do with that.

That's like saying you like Metallica because you're fat.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hïro on April 05, 2009, 10:36:18 AM

Uncharted, however, has very slippery controls, and having a Wii has nothing to do with that.

I didn't notice the controls being particularly slippery

This is one of the funniest stereotypes I've ever heard pointed out though doodella;

Nate

Geno

I seriously have no idea what that has to do with anything.
I've played PS3 and 360 games before.  doodthing;

No It's like saying Super Mario World has horrible controls because you don't have a Super Nintendo.
Seriously the controls in Uncharted are perfect.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

strongbad

It all makes sense now...

Hiro

Quote from: Geno on April 05, 2009, 02:23:23 PM
No It's like saying Super Mario World has horrible controls because you don't have a Super Nintendo.
Seriously the controls in Uncharted are perfect.
I PLAYED THE GAME GENO, I KNOW WHAT MY OPINION OF THE CONTROLS WERE

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Thyme

Quote from: Methree on April 06, 2009, 02:25:30 AM
baten kaitos

Gonna have to disagree on that one. I think it was overplayed, the settings were almost overloaded at times. The game was pretty boring in general and the story was uninteresting. Its atmosphere mostly made me sleepy.

Daphnia

I still like to wander around the castle in Ico. The garden with the windmill is so beautiful. wry

Hiro

Quote from: Daphnia on April 07, 2009, 08:35:56 PM
I still like to wander around the castle in Ico. The garden with the windmill is so beautiful. wry
I agree so much.
;_______________________________;

I love Team Ico.

Go Up