September 15, 2024, 09:17:33 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Games with great atmosphere

Started by Claquesous, April 04, 2009, 06:43:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Claquesous

That favorite Zelda thread reminds me that I absolutely loved MM because of its atmosphere. And atmosphere is without a doubt why I love the Metroid games so much.

So, MM, Metroid Prime, and Super Metroid have the best atmosphere of any game I've played. And Deadly Creatures is nice too.

What are some others?

Classic

Not many here liked it, but...

NiGHTS Journey of Dreams. Of course, it took place in the land of dreams, Nightopia, so it was beautiful.  hocuspocus;

Even if it was limited, Super Mario Galaxy. It was just beautiful.  giggle;

Space Channel 5 Parts 1 and 2. Everything was so 60's and electric. It's like The Jetsons met Austin Powers.  :3

And I'm sure I'll think of more.

Geno

2 posts and nobody even mentioned Bioshock?

yeah Bioshock
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Classic

Quote from: Geno on April 04, 2009, 07:10:13 PM
2 posts and nobody even mentioned Bioshock?

yeah Bioshock

I want it so bad. :'(

Samus Aran

Hiro

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS
SOMETIMES I PLAY THAT GAME JUST TO LOOK AT THE SCENERY AND EXPLORE IT'S BEAUTY

NOA_Haunted

I can't really think of anything, but I did enjoy Mass Effect.

strongbad

I loved the atmosphere of Fallout 3.

Travis

Quote from: Hïro on April 04, 2009, 08:40:52 PM
SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS
SOMETIMES I PLAY THAT GAME JUST TO LOOK AT THE SCENERY AND EXPLORE IT'S BEAUTY
i played that game twice and thought it was boring as hell, but i agree with the atmosphere thing

Hiro

Quote from: im on a boat on April 04, 2009, 09:27:31 PM
i played that game twice and thought it was boring as hell, but i agree with the atmosphere thing
How could you play it twice and find it boring?  baddood;
I love that game ;-;

Kalahari Inkantation

Uncharted is lovely. cjlubdoods;

Hiro

Quote from: TECTRINKET on April 04, 2009, 09:31:49 PM
Uncharted is lovely. cjlubdoods;
I played the demo and immediately hated it because of the controls
but i guess it was kinda pretty

Geno

Quote from: Hïro on April 04, 2009, 09:32:28 PM
I played the demo and immediately hated it because of the controls
but i guess it was kinda pretty
What the hell.
Seriously Hiro get a 360 or PS3. Uncharted has a pretty standard control scheme.
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

Quote from: Geno on April 04, 2009, 10:56:17 PM
What the hell.
Seriously Hiro get a 360 or PS3. Uncharted has a pretty standard control scheme.
Um, I played it
and it was way too slippery

Geno

Quote from: Hïro on April 04, 2009, 11:15:55 PM
Um, I played it
and it was way too slippery
Not really. You just aren't used to it because you only have a Wii

Go Up