July 15, 2024, 06:21:37 AM

1,531,280 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

a sneaking preview of my latest work

Started by russell, March 26, 2009, 08:26:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

tell me what you thank

the rest of this series (Cuban Collage) is at http://thesalmonthief.deviantart.com

[spoiler][/spoiler[/url]]

strongbad

That's pretty damn awesome.
I'm tempted to make it my wallpaper.

superclucky

kewns are smelly

russell

Geno

I should totally use some of those for my Digital photo class
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

russell

what do you mean use them

if you do credit my dA help art  saddood;

Geno

Quote from: wziard on March 26, 2009, 09:34:18 PM
what do you mean use them

if you do credit my dA help art  saddood;

Naw I'll just say they're mine
No but I'm going to show some of these to my digital photo teacher. They're awesome
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

russell

Quote from: Geno on March 26, 2009, 09:51:49 PM
Naw I'll just say they're mine
No but I'm going to show some of these to my digital photo teacher. They're awesome

thanks

Mettalik

russell

Quote from: Mettalik on March 26, 2009, 10:02:44 PM
wow Cuban Collage" 2 is amazing!

thanks

my favorites are 4 and 1 because I achieved the styles I was going for in photoshop editing perfectly (imo)

Selkie

I don't know why but that pic freaks the shit out of me

Good job, 9/10 coming from someone who has absolutely no perspective of fine art, but whatever.

l a c e y

Veal

I think you need to work on is your post-processing. It's not terrible, but it's not great either. It's kind of overdone and sometimes messes with things in your images that make good art, most noticeably depth and colors. In fact it sort of takes over and the actual composition is looked over. The main one this happens in is 4, where you added the fake depth of field which becomes glaringly obvious the more you look at it, since it doesn't follow the rules of normal blur/depth, and this just closes off the picture plane and pushes the background up to the front right along with the figures, straining the eye and making it look more flat than without the figures, actually. Uh yeah this happens in 2 too, as things are haphazardly blurred. 1 is pretty good composition wise, but there's really no depth. The subject neither stands out nor blends in. 3 has by far the best composition and clarity and post-processing, though the contrast is still a little too high, the glaring white patches against the expanses of dark grass hurt.

uh i hope you're okay with criticism because i tend to be blunt and point out the negative instead of the positive. you're obviously not a novice, and in general know what you're doing. these are just things to keep in mind to make your stuff even better. the biggest room is the room for improvement (lol)

me003

in collage 3 the truck looks really small....it's an illusion!
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Daphnia

Was there a reason for not blurring the background around the subjects?

Go Up