July 07, 2024, 06:55:16 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey bob dylan fans

Started by russell, March 09, 2009, 09:24:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

I realized I have never really listened to bob dylan but I like his hits so I thought I should

however since I have already heard greatest hits/best of, which of his albums is most like all along the watchtower? or least-acoustic?

Samus Aran

If you want an album that's the least acoustic yet also one of his best, you'll go with Highway 61 Revisited or Blonde on Blonde (definitely get both if you like one of them though). However, I also highly suggest Bringing it All Back Home as a starting point because it's a balance between his acoustic work and his electric work, with some of the best examples of both.

By the way, "All Along the Watchtower" is from John Wesley Harding, which is actually a bit of a balance between his electric/acoustic work and his later country work.

sans culottes

What Kaz said, as well as Blood on the Tracks. I understand that you don't want any of his acoustic-driven work, but The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan is still a great album and worth a try one day.
I support BUSH

Selkie

Blonde on Blonde is his best album in my mind.

sans culottes

Quote from: Selkie on March 10, 2009, 02:31:54 PM
Blonde on Blonde is his best album in my mind.

It's excellent, but I'd take Highway 61 over it any day. My personal favorite is Bringing it All Back Home, but Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde are greater artistic endeavors.
I support BUSH

Go Up