October 21, 2024, 11:59:41 AM

1,531,337 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Days where your work-load seems to crash down on you

Started by Sam, February 26, 2009, 07:28:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

I had an abnormal amount of homework tonight but it was just an essay for a non-AP class (meaning it can be written poorly compared to an AP essay and still get 90-100) and some stupid collage project, and a few things I'll do during free hour tomorrow

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on February 26, 2009, 08:03:40 PM
yeah, well. I weigh a few pounds under their weight minimum, but it's not like my blood is going to harm anyone. I told the lady I was 120 and she didn't question it even though it's actually more than 15 pounds more than me.
They do that for your health, not the receiver's... It's probably why you feel so cruddy

LCK

February 27, 2009, 05:44:40 AM #18 Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 05:50:09 AM by Trevor
maybe you shouldn't take on more than you can handle

yeah, well. I weigh a few pounds under their weight minimum, but it's not like my blood is going to harm anyone. I told the lady I was 120 and she didn't question it even though it's actually more than 15 pounds more than me.
over 15 pounds is a bit more than a few akudood;

just1more

Today would be that day, as I have a big final project due by midnight and I haven't even started it yet.

Sam

Quote from: Trevor on February 27, 2009, 05:44:40 AM
maybe you shouldn't take on more than you can handle

over 15 pounds is a bit more than a few akudood;

No, I  weigh around 105 and their minimum is 110.

Quote from: YPR on February 26, 2009, 09:20:08 PM
They do that for your health, not the receiver's... It's probably why you feel so cruddy

nah. It's my second time giving blood and I highly doubt being under their weight limit would give me the same symptoms of a head cold.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Bolivian Army

They ask you because it's a simple way to estimate blood volume.  baddood;

How much blood did they take?

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Sam

Quote from: Brooks on February 27, 2009, 08:58:37 AM
They ask you because it's a simple way to estimate blood volume.  baddood;

How much blood did they take?

A pint, that's what they take from everyone.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Meyer Lansky

Quote from: Sam on February 27, 2009, 08:49:55 AM
It's my second time giving blood and I highly doubt being under their weight limit would give me the same symptoms of a head cold.
Maybe so, but it would sure enable it.  You just lost a pint of blood, which means not only did you get rid of RBC but WBC as well.  I have donated blood 13 times and done all the research there is to do and soaked up as much info from the nurses on site.  The weight limit is there for a reason.  I can understand you wanting to contribute to a great cause, and I commend and respect you for it.  But not at the cost of your own health.

Bolivian Army

I'm sure you'll be fine, but I wouldn't do it again. Try drinking a fair amount of non-caffeinated fluids and eat an orange or something.  bassir;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Hiro

superclucky

kewns are smelly

Selkie

I have an english book to finish, then a project. And have to film like 15 seconds of B-Roll for communications.

Not much but I feel like shit today and don't want to do anything. And I have work tonight, and I am going to my friends after work.

NOA_Haunted

LCK

Go Up