October 03, 2024, 07:24:39 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

You ever had this feeling?

Started by KonohaShinobi, February 22, 2009, 03:39:40 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

I just finished this essay, and I usually have this,"FUCK YES I AM FUCKING AYN RAND THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER WRITTEN" feeling, but I finished it up and I'm like,"Cool...I'm done..."

I think I did a good job on the essay, but for some reason I am really thinking about how the teacher will react, especially since it's a free writing activity (We had to write an epilogue as a character from William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying and I once seriously thought of becoming a writer. I don't know, it's a weird feeling.

Any of you felt this?

YPrrrr

I never feel like a great writer when I'm done... Only if someone else thinks it's great do I feel good about it

Wrench

I'm just thankful that I am done with the paper.

Walter

ME##

No, usually when I'm done writing one I look over it and think about how retarded I sound.

Classic

Do I need to teach Boyah how to write an essay to be proud of?

Daddy

I hate Faulkner. Everything I've ready by him has bored the fuck out of me.

YPrrrr

l a c e y

Quote from: MS. TRON BONNE on February 22, 2009, 04:01:51 PM
Do I need to teach Boyah how to write an essay to be proud of?

no, that's what school is for, you're no teacher.
unless you're teaching us how to fuck a guy in the ass, then you might be the expert on that.

Classic

Quote from: YPR on February 22, 2009, 04:04:46 PM
How

Well, I'd need some time to prepare it if that's alright.

Quote from: lacette on February 22, 2009, 04:05:20 PM
no, that's what school is for, you're no teacher.
unless you're teaching us how to fuck a guy in the ass, then you might be the expert on that.

Oh my. You're a funny one, aren't you?

rdl

I'm usually just like "ok this seems kind of bad but oh well i have about 3 hours until my first class starts so i better get to sleep"

l a c e y

Quote from: MS. TRON BONNE on February 22, 2009, 04:05:52 PM
Oh my. You're a funny one, aren't you?

mmm, no.

YPrrrr

Quote from: MS. TRON BONNE on February 22, 2009, 04:05:52 PM

Well I mean I know how to write well, I'm just not usually overly proud about it. I don't really need writing tips, but pointers on how to be proud of it would be nice

Classic

Quote from: lacette on February 22, 2009, 04:07:15 PM
mmm, no.

I'm not in the mood to deal with you, so if you don't mind...

Quote from: YPR on February 22, 2009, 04:07:20 PM
Well I mean I know how to write well, I'm just not usually overly proud about it. I don't really need writing tips, but pointers on how to be proud of it would be nice

Hmmm? Oh, I'd need some time to prepare that too. I could tell you on the spot, but it wouldn't make as much sense as it would if I have some paragraphs made out.

Thyme

No, not really. At least not for an essay as a whole. Not really because I'm not proud but really just because I don't care about it.

But sometimes I'll come up with a line or an idea that will make me laugh out loud (well, I'll just smile if it's an in-class essay) because I like it so much.

Go Up