September 27, 2024, 02:30:54 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hey guys, I just got braces

Started by Bushy, February 16, 2009, 12:03:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Bushy

@pokemonyewest on Twitter

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Tri4se

You get used to them in about a month.

Bushy

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Soundwave on February 16, 2009, 12:09:57 PM
Fuck >.<
Just to make you feel better, eating is almost impossible for the first two weeks, and each time you get them tightened, it feels just as bad for 3-4 more days. spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hiro

I really need braces but i can't afford them ;-;

Feynman

You'll feel like shit for about two months, and you probably can't eat anything for two weeks. After that, you'll get used to them, and after six months, you'll forget you have them.

Also, each month when it's tightened, you'll feel just like you feel right now for a few days.

And make sure you brush your teeth well. Night and day. It's important.

Bushy

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 16, 2009, 12:14:58 PM
Just to make you feel better, eating is almost impossible for the first two weeks, and each time you get them tightened, it feels just as bad for 3-4 more days. spam;
I effin hate you. You just made me think of this pain x2

>.<

And thanks for the tips Bassir thumbup;

Veal

uh the pain shouldn't last for 3-4 days. maybe one.

make sure to keep them clean though, food gets stuck in there pretty easily.

also the pain is making you stronger.

Bushy

That's a damn lie and you know it.

If I was to get shot in the hand, and it magically healed up and everything, and then got shot again, in the same spot, you telling me it wouldn't hurt as much?

Veal

That's a stupid analogy so I'm going to ignore it and let you know I had braces for 3 years and I know for a fact I didn't go through 3-4 days of pain. They do tighten them but it's not like the first time where you're getting them put on and tightened and used to them. It shouldn't last for longer than that day and maybe a little into the next.

It's more like if someone punched you really hard and then after it all healed up they punched you with barely force at all every month or so.

strongbad

I got mine off during the summer. Retainers are just as bad :(

Veal

Retainers are worse, if anything. At least as far as pain and maintenance goes. That's why I stopped wearing mine like a week after I didn't have to go to the orthodontist ever again.

also because i'm such a hardass rebel

luna

SUKS 4 U

sry i wish you the best  :(

Sync

I have to go to the Dentist this thursday to get my wisdom tooth pulled out.
And after that, they're gonna schedule another appointment so I can get braces. :(

How bad does getting a wisdom tooth pulled out hurt?

Go Up