October 06, 2024, 12:16:32 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

considering getting a 360

Started by russell, February 14, 2009, 01:25:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

russell

February 14, 2009, 01:25:09 PM Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:46:54 PM by reefer
I played my friend's xbox 360 a bit yesterday and thought I wouldn't mind getting one, for the arcade games and netflix streaming and some of the admittedly cool games it has like Gears of War.

there's also a possibility of hooking it up to the fucking huge (90") superHD system my dad put in this house (we built it and just moved in), which would make games amazing.

so what do you guys think should I do it

I was thinking of just getting a broken one on craigslist for $50-100, then using one of the $30-I-fix-any-360-problem-guaranteed Craigslist people to fix it. seems like a good deal.

also since microsoft loves segmenting its products into a thousands versions, which 360 version would I need for 1080p HD? or can they all only do 720?

strongbad

As far as graphics and resolution, all versions are the same. I think one doesn't have backwards compatibility, and one has more processing power or something.

Geno

Any version besides the Arcade is just fine.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

russell

I also just realized that given the nature of the 360, pirating the games must be quite easy, and upon investigation it seems I should be able to do this. This makes me want one much more because $60 for a game is ridiculous.

Quote from: Geno on February 14, 2009, 02:30:16 PM
Any version besides the Arcade is just fine.

What's wrong with that one

ME##

Quote from: David on February 14, 2009, 02:03:42 PM
As far as graphics and resolution, all versions are the same. I think one doesn't have backwards compatibility, and one has more processing power or something.

Actually all versions do have the capability to be backwards compatible, you just need to pay for the [way overpriced] HDD if you get the Arcade or whatever they're calling it now.

Geno

Quote from: orlovsky on February 14, 2009, 02:49:10 PM
I also just realized that given the nature of the 360, pirating the games must be quite easy, and upon investigation it seems I should be able to do this. This makes me want one much more because $60 for a game is ridiculous.

What's wrong with that one
It only has like 56 MB of storage  akudood;
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

russell

Quote from: Geno on February 14, 2009, 05:02:23 PM
It only has like 56 MB of storage  akudood;

Oh yeah. Well, my friend has an extra 20gb that I think he'd sell me for cheap.

What's a good price for a system (working) without hdd, 2 wireless controllers, and all the cords/power? Someone on CL is offering me one.

Travis

dont get one with the 1 or 3 red ring problem. there isn't a fix for that

russell

I think I'm just going to get one of the bundles on eBay for $150 that includes a Premium with HDMI out, 20gb hdd, wireless controller, and I think wireless headset. They're refurbished but have the 2007 mobos so from what I gather are far less likely to have issues than earlier ones.

Geno

Quote from: orlovsky on February 15, 2009, 03:50:36 PM
I think I'm just going to get one of the bundles on eBay for $150 that includes a Premium with HDMI out, 20gb hdd, wireless controller, and I think wireless headset. They're refurbished but have the 2007 mobos so from what I gather are far less likely to have issues than earlier ones.

That's a good deal

thezerofire

Quote from: Caffeine Free on February 14, 2009, 10:49:53 PM
dont get one with the 1 or 3 red ring problem. there isn't a fix for that

yes there is. you just send it to microsoft. as long as you haven't modded it they repair it for free.

Travis

Quote from: thezerofire on March 03, 2009, 09:12:03 AM
yes there is. you just send it to microsoft. as long as you haven't modded it they repair it for free.
i know, but i meant he couldn't fix it himself

Go Up