October 06, 2024, 12:23:54 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I Modded My SNES Last Week

Started by One Man Freak Show, February 06, 2009, 09:18:38 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

Now I can play Super Famicom games at last. doodella;

What Japan-only games should I get? I have Mother 2 on the way. Having that game twice just wasn't enough for me.

Cookie

I can play Famicom games on my NES. :) I don't know of any Japan only Super Famicom games...

ncba93ivyase

by modding you mean clipped those little thingies in it right

I really can't think of any good JP-only Super Nintendo games, aside from the Megami Tensei series. Most of my imports were just cheap, boxed games that were released in the US, but I bought them only because they're a fraction of the price of the US ones and they're not text-heavy.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

I already play Super Famicom games on my DS :D

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: David on February 06, 2009, 02:46:46 PM
I already play Super Famicom games on my DS :D
OMG UR SOOO KEWL U KEN PIRIT

Shut the hell up kid

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 06, 2009, 01:08:50 PM
by modding you mean clipped those little thingies in it right

what little things? I have an SNES, never cracked it open and never will because I do not have an interest in Super Famicom games and I do not want to damage my baby, but I am interested in this clipping.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 06, 2009, 03:03:44 PM
what little things? I have an SNES, never cracked it open and never will because I do not have an interest in Super Famicom games and I do not want to damage my baby, but I am interested in this clipping.
Just look in the cartridge slot.

There are two little blocks that slide into those back crevices on your carts, and if you snip them, Super Famicom games will fit.

Cookie

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 06, 2009, 03:07:11 PM
Just look in the cartridge slot.

There are two little blocks that slide into those back crevices on your carts, and if you snip them, Super Famicom games will fit.

Sounds like you're thinking of the NES Famicom "mod"  (Maybe it works for the SNES to though) Which is cracking open the game carts and theres that black thing you can plug them into. Only certain games have the plug inside of them, I just use my ExiteBike cart.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on February 06, 2009, 04:12:00 PM
Sounds like you're thinking of the NES Famicom "mod"  (Maybe it works for the SNES to though) Which is cracking open the game carts and theres that black thing you can plug them into. Only certain games have the plug inside of them, I just use my ExiteBike cart.
um, no, not at all

Just grab your Super Nintendo and look down into it and you'll see exactly what I mean

Cookie

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 06, 2009, 04:13:22 PM
um, no, not at all

Just grab your Super Nintendo and look down into it and you'll see exactly what I mean

My SNES is in another state.  >.<

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 06, 2009, 02:59:23 PM
OMG UR SOOO KEWL U KEN PIRIT

Shut the hell up kid

Too bad that I only have roms of the games that I own, because I own all the good ones spam;
[spoiler]except earthbound you got me there :([/spoiler]

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: David on February 06, 2009, 05:09:36 PM
Too bad that I only have roms of the games that I own, because I own all the good ones spam;
[spoiler]except earthbound you got me there :([/spoiler]
yet no one gives a damn

strongbad

One Man Freak Show

http://www.risingstuff.com/index.php?p=600

There's the instructions on how to mod it. It's really simple.

Hiro

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on February 06, 2009, 08:08:12 PM
http://www.risingstuff.com/index.php?p=600

There's the instructions on how to mod it. It's really simple.
lol i just saw that a few hours ago by chance

Go Up