October 06, 2024, 12:23:06 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I need your opinions...(RPG development related)

Started by Classic, January 30, 2009, 06:06:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Turn based or action?

Turn based (Skies of Arcadia, etc...)
Action (Paper Mario, etc...)
Go Down

Classic

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 12:00:26 PM
Also, I think that the Tales action style is my favorite battle system for RPGs now. I have no idea how Skies of Arcadia plays because I've never played it.

Tactical-turn-based is probably my second favorite. FFT, Disgaea and the like.

So yeah, I think using a full action battle system would be just awesome.

It'll work like this:

You set your team attacks. Fastest attacks first. Slowest attacks last. Enemies attack. Faster enemies attack before heroes. Basically, you sit back and watch after tactical thinking.

Geno

Quote from: Alice on January 31, 2009, 12:03:22 PM
It'll work like this:

You set your team attacks. Fastest attacks first. Slowest attacks last. Enemies attack. Faster enemies attack before heroes. Basically, you sit back and watch after tactical thinking.
blue dragon
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Classic

Nyerp

Quote from: Alice on January 31, 2009, 12:03:22 PM
It'll work like this:

that's turn-based

action rpgs are for idiots who say "WAAAAHH WHY CAN'T I JUST MOVE MY CHARACTER AND HIT THE OTHER GUY WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT WAHHHH I'M AN IDIOT"

Geno

Quote from: Alice on January 31, 2009, 12:05:00 PM
Skies of Arcadia >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blue Dragon, dear.

Duh but that sounds exactly like Blue Dragon the way you described it
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Classic

Quote from: Nyerp on January 31, 2009, 12:05:19 PM
that's turn-based

action rpgs are for idiots who say "WAAAAHH WHY CAN'T I JUST MOVE MY CHARACTER AND HIT THE OTHER GUY WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT WAHHHH I'M AN IDIOT"

I'm thinking I'm going to have the team go with that style.
I prefer turn-based anyways.

Quote from: Geno on January 31, 2009, 12:05:42 PM
Duh but that sounds exactly like Blue Dragon the way you described it

Skies of Arcadia is not only superior, but it also came first so I'm using  it as an example.

Geno

Quote from: Alice on January 31, 2009, 12:07:22 PM
Skies of Arcadia is not only superior, but it also came first so I'm using  it as an example.
I never played it so IDK  hocuspocus;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on January 31, 2009, 12:05:19 PM

Or maybe some of us like to have styles other than an endless slew of turn-based games? Variety is nice, you know.

I love both action and turn-based RPGs, and I certainly don't whine like that about turn-based ones.

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 12:08:43 PM
Or maybe some of us like to have styles other than an endless slew of turn-based games? Variety is nice, you know.

I love both action and turn-based RPGs, and I certainly don't whine like that about turn-based ones.

i'm talking about idiots who only play action ones for that reason

Thyme

Quote from: Alice on January 31, 2009, 11:57:18 AM
Right now we just want to get a ground base going.
As far as silly antics in the game, there are sequences in battle called "ACTION!". These are small in-game minigames that can effect the battle greatly.

For example, the characters are battling a bad guy on a train. When the "ACTION!" icon appears, the player presses the action button at the right time. If executed correctly, the characters will jump and the bad guy, for example won't, causing himself to be hit by a post or tunnel entrance.
That's about to change. ;)

Yes. This. :3

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 31, 2009, 11:54:06 AM
the spells in "active" time in FF6 and 7 activate immediately as long as nothing happens before you can use it, like an enemy attacking
play ff5 and x-2

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Lozal

powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Lozal

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 31, 2009, 12:54:53 PM
ew myface;
It started to suck after Sacred Stones. myface;

Seven and eight were surprisingly great. Anything after is absolute shit.  :(
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Go Up