October 03, 2024, 06:41:02 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Today

Started by Samus Aran, January 26, 2009, 10:25:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Today I did what I like to do with pretty much all prog-rock albums. I turned off the light, popped the CD into my stereo, and laid on my bed. And then I just laid there, chilling with my eyes closed, taking it all in. I pretty much only do this for progressive rock and "chill-out" music (like Portishead).

Do you ever do this with your music? Just do absolutely nothing but listen...and listen hard?

Placebo Headwound

I do this sometimes. baddood;

The artist formally known

I usually do that with Opeth, playing the DVD and laying on my bed singing along.

I find it's the most relaxing things ever, usually can only do it if I have lots of homework or more important things to do. I can't ever do it if I have nothing else to do.

Hiro

That's sorta how i listen to music every night

Selkie

I do that a lot when I get new albums.

I listen to it in bed at night before I fall asleep.

Sometimes the state of drowsiness/almost-asleep actually makes the music more interesting in a way

Dullahan

Sometimes. But not when I fall asleep.

I listen to music differently than the majority of you all. I listen to music to convert with my imagination. When I have a certain song I wanna listen to, I usually think of a different world I'm in and then pace around. baddood;

Lozal

I do the exact same thing, but only with progressive rock like you said. :o

It makes life seem so much more wonderful.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

sans culottes

I'm so used to listening to music while doing something else so I don't really listen to music and only that.
I support BUSH

The spy who loves you

Get some friends to listen to stuff with.

Wrench

IS THE GREATEST

Yeah, I do it normally at least once a week. Just not with prog-rock.

Samus Aran

Quote from: TX LIL ROD on January 27, 2009, 07:08:05 PM
Get some friends to listen to stuff with.

Uh, listening to music isn't really something that you need friends to do, but okay. Talking about music to my friends is common yeah but we don't sit around and listen to it together.

Claquesous

Sometimes on the weekends or whenever I don't have to get up in the morning, I get a huge playlist of soothing music (for lack of a better word). Maybe calming. Or at least nothing close to metal or anything that will wake me up in the night. Then I go to sleep. I've done this many, many times in an effort to influence dreams, but it never works. Probably because I always wake up about every two hours because I turn over and there just happens to be a slightly not soothing or calming song playing at the moment, so it wakes me up a little more and I don't ever get into a deep sleep where I actually do any dreaming at all. Since I wake up every two hours I only do it when I don't need to wake up because I'm always tired after doing this.

Go Up