October 06, 2024, 04:33:00 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anybody else paying attention to Bob's Game?

Started by strongbad, January 22, 2009, 05:59:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Back Story:
Bob is some guy who spent like 15000 over the last 5 years developing a DS game aptly named Bob's Game. He released a few videos and the game looked decent. Then he tried to get some licensing software or whatever from Nintendo but was never contacted back about it. After many failed contact attempts, he threw a huge fit and started a "100 day protest" where he would sit in his basement with a live webcam watching him for 100 days while his friends delivered him food. That lasted just over 30 days when he went insane and trashed his basement.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Then he said a bunch of shit about Nintendo being evil and Reggie being the devil or whatever then he claimed to be abducted by Yakusza who were sent by Nintendo and now his basement is covered in tin foil.\
http://bobsgame.com

The game, however, sounds interesting. Graphic style looks great, and although not much is known, he says that it's mainly about socializing with the other characters and item collecting rather than combat.

But this thread isn't about the game. Discuss Bob and his crazy antics here. Also post funny quotes from his website because they are funny.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Cookie

Yeah I heard about his strike. Is there a video of him going insane?

Classic

January 22, 2009, 07:24:24 PM #3 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 07:47:12 PM by Space Michael
Um, does he HONESTLY expect his idea, no matter the quality of the material, to be accepted by any game company?
Especially Nintendo. They're Nazi's about their material.

It's his fault. He deserves what he got. He's a fool.
And after reading his website, he sounds like a paranoid fucktard too.

strongbad

According to his blog, I'm fairly certain that some random publisher offered to publish it for him but he wanted to publish it himself. It's not that he wants Nintendo to publish it for him, he just wants to buy his SDK or whatever it's called so he can publish it himself.

Classic

Quote from: David on January 22, 2009, 07:56:44 PM
According to his blog, I'm fairly certain that some random publisher offered to publish it for him but he wanted to publish it himself. It's not that he wants Nintendo to publish it for him, he just wants to buy his SDK or whatever it's called so he can publish it himself.

It's not going to be as easy as that. He's got to consider the legal issues such as profit to Nintendo for the use of their DS console, etc.
He's fucking retarded to think he can pull this off by himself.

strongbad

Quote from: Space Michael on January 22, 2009, 08:06:43 PM
It's not going to be as easy as that. He's got to consider the legal issues such as profit to Nintendo for the use of their DS console, etc.
He's fucking retarded to think he can pull this off by himself.

IDK
Read his first few blog entries before he turned crazy.

Classic

Quote from: David on January 22, 2009, 08:16:44 PM
IDK
Read his first few blog entries before he turned crazy.

The project started ambitious. I'll give him that credit. He took a lot of time.
But he's still a fucking idiot to think he could pull something like this off. And the whole "SOMEBODY INVADED MY WORK" shit just makes him annoying and personally after that, I wouldn't want to even go back to his site.

strongbad

A lot of people are saying that all this is just a big publicity stunt, but I have to agree with you. I think he's just attempting to be funny and failing horribly.

Classic

It's just what happens when you start a project.
You create a fanbase, the fans expect news, you can't get any further because you have high expectations, so you completely destroy your reputation and work.

The key is to start low, keep low, and finish big.

ncba93ivyase

He could just distribute it as a free downloadable game and ask for donations.

But he's a dumbass

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 22, 2009, 10:18:49 PM

But he's a dumbass

Everybody [at this other forum] is angry that he isn't just releasing it as homebrew, since they would pirate it anyway, so he really wouldn't be losing anything from it.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 22, 2009, 10:18:49 PM

But he's a dumbass

I always thought this was his intention anyway.

Jesus, look at Cave Story.

ncba93ivyase

January 23, 2009, 01:07:58 PM #13 Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 01:28:44 PM by Pancake Persona
Quote from: David on January 23, 2009, 06:19:47 AM
Everybody [at this other forum] is angry that he isn't just releasing it as homebrew, since they would pirate it anyway, so he really wouldn't be losing anything from it.
get some ads on your website,  tell a bunch of blogs and 4chan and whatnot about it

It'd be more profitable than actually putting it on a cart.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Classic

Lawlz, that's what I plan to do with my projects.
It's a better idea. At least until you actually work in the industry under your own company.

Go Up