October 06, 2024, 12:14:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

RB/GH Controller preferences

Started by strongbad, January 17, 2009, 09:54:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I've been playing my fair share of Rockband over the last two weeks and done plenty of playing with both the Rockband Guitar and the Guitar Hero (GH3 to be exact) guitar. I'm only talking about the guitar, since I suck at drums, and singing is pretty much the same with either mic (are they even different)?

RB2 Guitar:
I love this guitar for any song that doesn't have a ton of 16th notes, but has a lot of random shit scattered everywhere. The colored buttons are touching (unlike GH guitars), so you can easily slide your finger from the edge of one to the edge of another to get some crazy notes. The strummer on the other hand, is the biggest drawback for me. It doesn't spring back nearly as good as the GH guitars do, and it makes playing any song that has a ton of 16th notes a huge chore. Also, another gripe is that it's harder to hit the back button for star power/energy than the GH guitar.

GH Guitar:
Pretty much the opposite of everything I mentioned in RB2 guitar. The worst thing for me is how far apart the buttons are, so you can't easily slide your fingers over, but the strummer makes up for it, with it's great spring. Also I love being able to hit the back button with ease.

Buttons comparison for those of you who didn't understand what I meant:
RB2 buttons: [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
GH3 Buttons: ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )

Overall I prefer the Rockband Guitar, just because of the buttons. If only they could make some sort of hybrid guitar that had everything  hocuspocus;

Hiro

Guitar hero, the guitar is far better in terms of quality

NOA_Haunted

I don't think you can compare RB2 to GH3 due to the fact they improved the guitar in GH:WT.

Tomboh

guitar hero

it lasts longer, going by how many people ive seen have their RB guitars break as opposed to GH guitars. i dislike how the RB buttons are on the same plane as the whole fret board, while the guitar hero buttons stick out a little bit. The spacing no problem since my hands are big

the clicking gets annoying but that can be solved by turning up your volume to insane numbers ;)

strongbad

Quote from: Vegeta on January 17, 2009, 10:09:29 PM
I don't think you can compare RB2 to GH3 due to the fact they improved the guitar in GH:WT.

It's virtually the same guitar. The majority of my points also apply to the GHWT guitar.

Hiro

Quote from: David on January 17, 2009, 10:28:49 PM
It's virtually the same guitar. The majority of my points also apply to the GHWT guitar.
The body is very different though, not to mention the touch-pad.

Geno

I cannot play any of those games unless I'm playing the Guitar Hero controller. As superior as Rock Band is the controller sucks ass.
Thank god you can use the Guitar hero controller on Rock Band  hocuspocus;
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Wrench

I hate the RB guitar. It feels horrible and plays horrible. The only thing good about is that there is no noise from strumming. GH3 is very much superior and I will not buy a RB game because of the guitar. I never know where my fingers are on that thing and it just feels really shitty.

strongbad

Quote from: Forest Hiro on January 17, 2009, 10:53:54 PM
The body is very different though, not to mention the touch-pad.

MY POINTS STILL APPLY STFU

Geno

Quote from: Desert Wrench on January 18, 2009, 06:10:55 AM
I hate the RB guitar. It feels horrible and plays horrible. The only thing good about is that there is no noise from strumming. GH3 is very much superior and I will not buy a RB game because of the guitar. I never know where my fingers are on that thing and it just feels really shitty.
Just do what I did and buy the game without the guitar  n_u
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Wrench

Quote from: Geno of Endor on January 18, 2009, 12:59:43 PM
Just do what I did and buy the game without the guitar  n_u

The Wii GH3 controller isn't compatible n_u

sans culottes

GH3 Les Paul
+Buttons stand out
+Quick moving strumbar
-Buttons apart from eachother
-Small strumbar
-Thick neck
RB Guitar
+Buttons close together
+Big strumbar
+Effects switch
-Slower strumbar
-Buttons too similar
I support BUSH

Geno

Quote from: Wrenchninja on January 18, 2009, 01:00:53 PM
The Wii GH3 controller isn't compatible n_u
I use my GH3 guitar on Rock Band all the time.

Hiro

sans culottes

Quote from: Forest Hiro on January 28, 2009, 02:33:17 PM
It is with Rock Band 2  n_u

Yeah, about that. How the fuck do I make my GH3 controller work with RB2?
I support BUSH

Go Up