October 06, 2024, 04:30:37 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Some things that bother me...

Started by NOA_Haunted, January 17, 2009, 08:51:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: David on January 18, 2009, 09:15:48 PM
What's wrong with it?
everything

News that's weeks old, shit that's not even news posted as news, most retarded moderation ever, etc.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 18, 2009, 09:18:20 PM
everything

News that's weeks old, shit that's not even news posted as news, most retarded moderation ever, etc.

I disagree but whatever. I really don't feel like listening to your arguments right now.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: David on January 18, 2009, 09:32:03 PM
I disagree but whatever. I really don't feel like listening to your arguments right now.
tell me what makes kotaku good, seriously

I used to go there everyday for about 2 years and eventually was like "holy shit, this is shitty." I only go back for laughs now.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 18, 2009, 09:32:50 PM
tell me what makes kotaku good, seriously

Up to date news on pretty much everything gaming related. I don't ever see old news popping up on there.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: David on January 18, 2009, 09:40:08 PMI don't ever see old news popping up on there.
Most of their "new news" is just some shitty flash timer from some random game site. The news that actually matters is usually at least 5 days old. goonish

strongbad

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 18, 2009, 09:56:39 PM
Most of their "new news" is just some shitty flash timer from some random game site. The news that actually matters is usually at least 5 days old. goonish

Ok whatever

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

wawi

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 18, 2009, 09:18:20 PM
everything

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 18, 2009, 09:56:39 PM

I agree with Lawlz. Every news story that's actually regarding video games is old.

Feynman

Quote from: Vegeta on January 17, 2009, 08:51:11 PM
One of my favorite series is pretty much dead; the Star Wars Battlefront series. The third game which was almost complete got cancelled. I believe from what I have heard.  :(

http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_III

Apparently alive and well, and scheduled for a late 2009 release.

NOA_Haunted

Quote from: Bassir on January 19, 2009, 09:09:51 AM
http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars-battlefront-3-gameplay-footage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_III

Apparently alive and well, and scheduled for a late 2009 release.
The guy who use to work for Free Radical said it was near completion. So I am wondering why its a late 2009.

wawi

Quote from: Vegeta on January 19, 2009, 12:52:58 PM
The guy who use to work for Free Radical said it was near completion. So I am wondering why its a late 2009.

Well Free Radical went under so they have to transfer it to Revolution. That's going to take some time. It also could be a marketing move to release it later in the year.

KonohaShinobi

Black Knights does not look too bad. Soni'c speed + Link's action-adventure sort of gameplat, does not sound too bad.

Phydeaux

Every Sonic game heretofore will be horrible until Sega wakes the fuck up and reinvigorates it's relationship with DiC and Archie and brings the characters from those series in the video game world. And stop trying to fucking make characters on their own. (Big the cat? Silver? Shadow? Fuck you, Sega.)

Make it open world, open objective, give it multiplayer (and let us play as Bunnie, Rotor, Dulce, post-partial roboticization Antoine, Tails, Donovan, Nadia, etc.) with class-based characters, with Freedom Fighters focusing on agility, objectives, gadgetry and defense and Robotnik's security forces focusing on offensive, wanton destruction. Incorporate cool story arcs like the Fall of Robotnik where Snively takes over and introduces the Roboticization Gun. Make it like Spider-Man Web of Shadows where you'll have to fight bad-guy versions of other characters. But don't make it like Spidey:WoS where there's good/guy bad guy bullshit paths. Make the choices subtle, and have your actions add up to "will Sonic be a noble king of Mobius, supporter of Sally?" or "will Sonic take the throne by force and make Sally his bitch?".

Dump Amy. Entirely. Replace with Sondra from The Void arcs.

Keep Knuckles on that fucking island with Julie Su until you fucking crash it into Mobotropolis.

Let Sonic, Sally and Sondra focus on speed. Make it to where if we play through the game with another character (co-op or no), we have to exercise that character's strengths (Antoine, Donovan: sword combat, Bunnie: grappling, hand to hand combat, Nadia and Rotor - engineering, hacking minigames, Wolf Pack members: grappling-submission assist for other characters and magick spells including healing, Tails: flight, Sawyer: FPS with the slingshot. Dulce - be a fucking Godzilla. I can do this all day.).

And let some characters die in a story arc. Can't bring them back. Reunite some characters with their parents but others through your decisions get sacrificed when they're robots. You know. Anything.

Just make Sonic fucking cool again. Mario has gone uncontested for too damn long.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Phydeaux on January 21, 2009, 09:14:55 AM

Just make Sonic fucking cool again. Mario has gone uncontested for too damn long.
I really don't think Mario is that cool either... Although he probably is considered the standard for video game characters.
Quote from: Phydeaux on January 21, 2009, 09:14:55 AM
Every Sonic game heretofore will be horrible until Sega wakes the fuck up and reinvigorates it's relationship with DiC and Archie and brings the characters from those series in the video game world.
An Archie dating sim would be AWESOME

Just don't mess with Midge unless you want Moose on your case n_u

Go Up