October 03, 2024, 06:59:54 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Latest genre infatuations

Started by Samus Aran, January 17, 2009, 04:30:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Lately I've been listening to more indie and grunge than ever before, and I really have no idea why. I suppose Pinback and my recent acquiring of Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea album are mainly to blame for the indie stuff, and when it comes to grunge it's just been the usual fan favorites...Nirvana, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

So what genres have been suddenly dominating your listening recently?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Wrench

Punk and Grudge

Funny enough, I just bought a Nirvana CD today.

[hedy]Zidone

Skylark

the book of right on

strongbad

I guess progressive rock, according to Kaz

NOA_Haunted

Samus Aran

sans culottes

Quote from: Paranoid Pancake on January 17, 2009, 04:30:58 PM
Lately I've been listening to more indie and grunge than ever before, and I really have no idea why. I suppose Pinback and my recent acquiring of Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea album are mainly to blame for the indie stuff, and when it comes to grunge it's just been the usual fan favorites...Nirvana, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, etc.

So what genres have been suddenly dominating your listening recently?

I reccomend Mudhoney's Superfuzz Bigmuff Plus Early Singles, Mother Love Bone's Apple, and Soundgarden's Screaming Life/Fopp. You might hate Superfuzz Bigmuff at first if you're like me, but for me it grew on me. Apple and Screaming Life/Fopp are simply fun rock-out type albums.
I support BUSH

Wrench

LCK

I suppose I've also been listening to a lot of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Soundgarden lately.

Claquesous

Lots and lots of post-rock. Mainly Red Sparowes, but also a little bit of Tortoise and Mono. But uh, this infatuation has lasted for months now.

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on January 18, 2009, 10:48:44 AM
pinback
if that counts as a genre (which it should)

and i've been listening to more "core" bands, mainly protest the hero, between the buried and me, arsonists get all the girls, and beneath the massacre.

I downloaded a bunch of Pinback yesterday. I love them. <3

Go Up